What made you think today?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Looking at episode guides, I see Season 5 was apparently short by one episode compared to other seasons (12 episodes as opposed to 13) . . . maybe that was actually a Season 5 episode, but for some weird reason, they're saying it's a single Season 6 episode? I mean, CN's done weird stuff like that before, such as airing the Season 3 premiere of Courage before the Season 2 finale.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I just see EENE having five seasons….. one single episode does not make a season six.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though I can't find any evidence of the sort, I suspect somebody may have hacked my Instagram account, because it kept saying my password was incorrect when I tried logging in, even though it wasn't, because I had a very complicated password of jumbled letters, numbers, and symbols that I always have to ensure myself I have typed correctly - which I did, but Instagram said was incorrect, and I haven't changed my password since I've had my account.

So, now I have had to change my password.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
16 years to the day of Katrina, Hurricane Ida is now bashing Louisiana. A friend who used to go to my church now lives in Biloxi, Mississippi. I’m praying for her safety.
New Jersey is not usually in the path of most hurricanes, until we got hit by Sandy in 2012.

We lost power for twelve days. We didn’t get the worst of it with flooding, but a ton of fallen trees and telephone poles.
Nothing was open. You had to drive all the way to Pennsylvania to get gas. Even they cost a few thousand dollars, and you might never need one, a generator is not a bad thing to have.
I’ve lived through so many hurricanes in my life (plus one tornado). The rain doesn’t bother me. I’m far enough inland I don’t have to worry about tidal surges. But 150+ mph winds can freak you out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We usually find ourselves in the direct path of hurricanes depending on what projected path they end up taking, however, after the costal areas end up taking the brunt of the storm, we usually end up getting soaking rains by the time the storm reaches us - maybe some thunder and lightning; that's what the story was with us when Fred blew through a few weeks ago, and it looks like that may or may not be the case with Ida as well.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
How do you even get hurricanes if your state doesn’t even touch the ocean?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hurricanes are huge storm systems - even if you're not a coastal state, remnants of the storm system itself can reach rather far inland that you can receive some of the impact, even if it's not as severe or extreme as coastal areas that endure the brunt of the storm.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I know that all too well.. Back in 1979 we got hit by two hurricanes back to back, David and Frederick.
We had an a closed patio with an aluminum roof. David took the roof off (luckily the rest of the house was spared).
We also had an above-ground pool. Frederick made the pool collapse and turned our backyard into a small lake. All that stagnant water bred a lot of flies.

As bad as this was, the Florida panhandle got flattened.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
20 years ago today 9/11 happened. For each generation, an event happens that’s so life-changing, world-changing, it leaves a deep imprint on you.
You remember where you were, what you were doing, what color the sky was, in pretty fine detail. Today is almost exactly the same. 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.
And watching the chaos on tv, the planes hit the towers and the towers falling, death and destruction like I’ve never seen before. I didn’t get upset, I didn’t cry, I didn’t panic. I just went numb. Numb from shock.
On this day in 2008 my dad passed away. He went in the hospital two weeks before and never came out. I’m at peace with this because I had time to prepare for it. But the shock of 9/11 never totally left.

Ine thing that was different 20 years ago, after suffering such a horrible attack, we all came together as Americans. No matter what your race, religion, language, political or sexual affiliation, we were united. Since then over the decades, politicians and the media have done everything they can to divide people.
It doesn’t take a catastrophe to unite people. Just realizing you and your neighbors probably are more the same than you can ever be different. Skin color doesn’t matter. Who you vote for doesn’t matter. What you identify as today doesn’t matter..

The only thing that matters is what you do with the time that you’re here.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I wasn’t born yet in 2001, but ever since I learned about what happened on this day 20 years ago, I’ve tried long and hard to avoid having fun or being genuinely happy on September 11 out of respect for the 2977 people who died in the attacks.
This year, however, it’s been incredibly hard for me to do that. It’s Saturday, I got a new toy, and “She Bangs” by Ricky Martin is stuck in my head. How am I supposed to feel sad through all of that?
EDIT: And now I got Wendy’s for dinner. So much for intentional temporary depression.

Last edited: