What made you think today?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really can't help but wonder if my rosacea is actually starting to get worse. I mean, I'm sure it's partly to do with the weather warming up considerably (mid-80s for the rest of the month, basically), but my face will remain red and flushed even when I'm not doing anything to trigger it . . . matter of fact, my face actually hasn't not been red for a number of days now.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I really can't help but wonder if my rosacea is actually starting to get worse. I mean, I'm sure it's partly to do with the weather warming up considerably (mid-80s for the rest of the month, basically), but my face will remain red and flushed even when I'm not doing anything to trigger it . . . matter of fact, my face actually hasn't not been red for a number of days now.
It's an autoimmune syndrome, right? Will it commonly increase as you age, like other autoimmune diseases (arthritis, for instance)?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, it's both a skin and neurological condition that's very common of people of Celtic roots (yours truly), but I don't believe it has anything to do with autoimmunity or anything. Basically, my face involuntarily flushes when triggered by something (most commonly heat, but things like stress and over exersion can also trigger it), and I basically look and feel like I've been sunburned when I really haven't. It normally comes and goes throughout the day, usually only lasting for a brief period of time, but it hasn't gone away in days, which is really odd.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
No, it's both a skin and neurological condition that's very common of people of Celtic roots (yours truly), but I don't believe it has anything to do with autoimmunity or anything. Basically, my face involuntarily flushes when triggered by something (most commonly heat, but things like stress and over exersion can also trigger it), and I basically look and feel like I've been sunburned when I really haven't. It normally comes and goes throughout the day, usually only lasting for a brief period of time, but it hasn't gone away in days, which is really odd.
Gotcha. Granted, I know you've had hotter days than usual (Wakko voice: HellOOOOO climate change!), and I'd be willing to bet you've been feeling stressed of late by the world in general.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Dude.... How did I not see this thread?

I'm definitely bumping it up.

Honestly..... Just everything right now.

I have a habit of thinking alot, and it's frustrating. There are days I wish I could just let go of my thoughts.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Today is my little sister's 16th birthday. The first time we spent her birthday at the house we're currently living in, she was 6 years old! I can't believe it's been over a decade. It doesn't feel that long.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
So many people keep talking about how the 90s was the last "truly great" decade, and I've pretty much just chalked it up to how 90s is just pretty much everybody's object of nostalgia right now since nostalgia seems to run in twenty-year cycles (ten years ago we were nostalgic for the 80s, ten years from now we'll be nostalgic about the 2000s), and how a number of Gen Y'ers would say that simply because they grew up in the 90s, yadda-yadda-yadda. But I recently read an interesting YouTube comments that actually puts some interesting perspective on just why the 90s really was the last "truly great" decade: because it was the last decade before 9-11 happened. Prior to 9-11 (including the 90s), much everybody was more relaxed, laid back, and carefree; since 9-11, however, everybody is more on edge, cautious, walking on eggshells, we feel less free, we feel less safe, we feel less secure . . . that, and the usual complaint of P.C. gone mad.

But, I guess when you think about it, and put into that perspective, then I guess most things considered, then yes, the 90s really was the last "truly great" decade.

Then again, I personally would know, but the 90s was the first decade I've lived through . . . I could agree that it was more relaxed, laid back, and carefree, but that's because I was a kid in the 90s, so what cares did I have in the world then? The 2000s were a pretty good decade as well that I can recall, save for a couple of bad years (2004 and 20016), but I will say that the New Tens have been a rocky decade for sure. At least for me anyway.
As rocky as this decade was, at least you can look forward to 2020.
Nabisco will commemorate the decade with a limited edition of a popular cookie.

"Fig New Tens". 8)

If that don't cheer you up, nothing will.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
2010s have definitely been rocky. So far the only crummy years I've had were 2011, 2014, 2016 and 2017 in regards to this decade.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Ever stop to think, some of the members who started these threads, sometimes years ago...

where are they now?

Some threads that have thousands of posts on them, did they ever imagine what they started, how far it would run?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Puppeteers have enough trouble just trying to stay out of frame when shooting in a traditional format . . . can you just imagine the complications and challenges that would be presented if you tried shooting puppetry in VR/360 video format?

I can imagine Jim Henson being like a giddy school kid trying to figure something like that out, while his associates probably think he's lost his mind.