What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
HOME ALONE's still a classic! Heck, it's to Poland what IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE is to the U.S.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Disney doesn't know when to leave well enough alone. First was 1961's The Parent Trap. Have to remake it so it seems relevant for 90s audiences.
1978's Pete's Dragon was good, with an all-star cast and combining live action with animation. It good enough. We have to remake it into a hi-tech piece of crap.
It comes down to greed. Let's expand our "brand" and take an existing "franchise" and squeeze out every last possible cent.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Cause Disney knows nostalgia makes money.

The only reason we keep getting all those live-action/CG remakes is because people will be like, "Hey! I loved this movie as a kid!" and pay money to watch an updated version of it. Why do you think there's so much 80's and 90's cartoon merch out there? Because nostalgia sells.

Honestly, I wish these didn't make as much money as they do, since it's only encouraging Disney to make more of these soulless remakes instead of something fresh and original.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Cause Disney knows nostalgia makes money.

The only reason we keep getting all those live-action/CG remakes is because people will be like, "Hey! I loved this movie as a kid!" and pay money to watch an updated version of it. Why do you think there's so much 80's and 90's cartoon merch out there? Because nostalgia sells.

Honestly, I wish these didn't make as much money as they do, since it's only encouraging Disney to make more of these soulless remakes instead of something fresh and original.
That makes sense.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
the problem is, disney has been doing things like this from the company's creation. a lot of their movies are nothing more than 'reimaginings' of public domain fairy tales, not original properties at all.

all these remakes, as unnecessary as they are, is nothing new from disney. they've learned that they can get away with it. it's just a whole lot more jarring and obnoxious now because its so blatant.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Disney is also getting away with cannibalizing itself again with its live action remake of The Lion King. They have such a short memory. 1994 might be ancient history for most of you, but Disney was on a roll with 2D animation.
In a row, we had Who Framed Roger Rabbit, the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, then Lion King. Each feature was making innovations in animation, and each one was a bigger box office smash than the last. The Lion King was one of Disney's crowning achievements.
The one thing I miss, when each film was released, there would be an accompanying special showing "The Making Of..."you got to see pencil tests, deleted scenes, shots of the actors dubbing their voices, it was all good.
It's too bad 25 years later nobody seems to remember just how good an animated movie it was.They'll settle for a cheap live reboot.Lessee, 101 Dalmations, Dumbo, Pete's Dragon, yeah, let's green light a Lion King remake! Nobody remembers the original!

Except old farts like me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We can't swim in ponds or lakes anymore because of brain-eating amoebas.

We can't swim in oceans anymore because of flesh-eating bacteria.

We can't swim in pools anymore because chlorine isn't doing enough to cleanse the water of pathogens from germy people.

Where the **** can we even swim anymore?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I wouldn’t want to even swim in a pond or swamp if it meant frogs were in there. 😐