What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Considering Nickelodeon themselves are producing the movie (and Dora is a Nick property), I highly doubt this is supposed to be a parody.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
What made me roll my eyes today? Just this entire video:
Futurama never crosses the line as far as I'm concerned. I only got offended by the show one time during it's whole 7 season run (it was the scene where Zoidberg dresses up like Jesus and the only reason it offended me was because I used to have serious issues with religious jokes. They don't bother me anymore though).

Having been a huge fan of Futurama for years that has seen every episode at least once, I find it ridiculous that anyone could possibly find Matt Groening's hilarious sci-fi parody offensive in any way.

I like Futurama for the same reason I like Happy Tree Friends. Sure some of the jokes are inappropriate from time to time, but there's always some sort of cleverness behind the shocking jokes. Despite featuring more sexual and gross out jokes than you can count, Futurama's talented team of writers handled these sensitive topics in a way that was undeniably witty and creative each time.

In a world where tons of highly offensive adult cartoons as well as similarly dark live action shows like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia exist, Futurama is practically innocent. I can almost guarantee that none of the jokes listed on WatchMojo's video was intended to offend anybody, I think the writers were just having fun with the limitless creative potential that the art form of animation has. Cartoons are a great way to showcase any surreal idea you have without people taking it too seriously. Futurama is a perfect example of that. It always carried a very unique, experimental tone to it. Some downright bizarre concepts that had never been seen before in the world of animation were shown in that series. Sometimes creative people need to push boundaries here and there, what's the fun of adult animation if you can't get extremely weird/borderline disturbing every now and then?

That WatchMojo list only showed how easily offended people are nowadays. Throughout the entire duration of the video, I found myself scratching my head and thinking,

"How exactly did this go too far?"

So yeah, that was a huge eye roller for me.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
What made me roll my eyes today? Just this entire video:
Futurama never crosses the line as far as I'm concerned. I only got offended by the show one time during it's whole 7 season run (it was the scene where Zoidberg dresses up like Jesus and the only reason it offended me was because I used to have serious issues with religious jokes. They don't bother me anymore though).

Having been a huge fan of Futurama for years that has seen every episode at least once, I find it ridiculous that anyone could possibly find Matt Groening's hilarious sci-fi parody offensive in any way.

I like Futurama for the same reason I like Happy Tree Friends. Sure some of the jokes are inappropriate from time to time, but there's always some sort of cleverness behind the shocking jokes. Despite featuring more sexual and gross out jokes than you can count, Futurama's talented team of writers handled these sensitive topics in a way that was undeniably witty and creative each time.

In a world where tons of highly offensive adult cartoons as well as similarly dark live action shows like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia exist, Futurama is practically innocent. I can almost guarantee that none of the jokes listed on WatchMojo's video was intended to offend anybody, I think the writers were just having fun with the limitless creative potential that the art form of animation has. Cartoons are a great way to showcase any surreal idea you have without people taking it too seriously. Futurama is a perfect example of that. It always carried a very unique, experimental tone to it. Some downright bizarre concepts that had never been seen before in the world of animation were shown in that series. Sometimes creative people need to push boundaries here and there, what's the fun of adult animation if you can't get extremely weird/borderline disturbing every now and then?

That WatchMojo list only showed how easily offended people are nowadays. Throughout the entire duration of the video, I found myself scratching my head and thinking,

"How exactly did this go too far?"

So yeah, that was a huge eye roller for me.
I mean, it's WatchMojo. Should we really be surprised they made another stupid list?