What made you angry today?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Some policing company filed a copyright claim on free music I used in a video, so I filed a dispute pointing out that they don't own the rights to the music, and that the music was composed specifically for free use. My dispute was rejected, and now if I try to file an appeal they'll have my video removed and issue a copyright strike on my channel.

******* *** holes.
What video was it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Doesn't make sense. I've been using this track for background music for over ten years, not to mention it's Steve's (un)official theme music, why suddenly claim copyright on it? And, again, it's free! I've actually heard this track on local commercials before as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Who exactly made a claim?
Some company called TuneSat; they're apparently a policing company that detects the use of music and songs in YouTube videos so they can claim copyright on said use of music and then (supposedly) forward the proceeds from monetization to the actual copyright holder of the music.

This isn't the first time this has happened, though: this exact same thing happened back in 2016 - some policing company claimed copyright on the use of free music in a video, but that time, I won my dispute, and at the very last minute, the claim was removed from the video at like the 12th hour of the 29th day of the 30-day process. Not the case this time.
What recourse do you have?
All I can do is appeal their rejection of my claim, but YouTube spells it out clearly: if the appeal is rejected as well, then the entire video will be removed for copyright violation, and my channel will receive a copyright strike, so it's really not even worth fighting at this point.

It just doesn't make any sense that in all the years I've been using this track in so many videos, all of the sudden it gets claimed in this one video out of the clear blue.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If you want a movie to be completely free of any language, it would be G-rated instead of PG . . . and even then, some G-rated movies have an occasional word here and there.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
if you want something without any sort of swear words, maybe do research about a movie to see if its something you want to see, instead of attacking the people who made it

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Well, this didn’t really happen today, but rather, at least one month ago, when I saw The Secret Life of Pets 2.

I know for a fact that it was rated PG for “some action and rude humor,” but I never expected Pops (voiced by Dana Carvey) to say “Pickles is p***ed.” I was literally stunned and gut-punched as soon as I heard it.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!? Do they not know there are many euphemisms for “mad”? If you’re going to bill a movie as a family movie, try to steer clear of words worse than h3ll, d4mn, and cr@p. A-double-S isn’t much of a big deal as long as it’s used for “donkey” and/or “fool” and not as a term for rear end or as some kind of adjective enhancer. I know The Lorax was rated PG for “brief mild language,” which was barely audible. I also remember seeing the P-word on screen when I was playing Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, which noted “language” as one of the components in the rating box. And let’s not forget that after the first season of Regular Show, which had Rigby saying the P-word once and Mordecai saying it twice in total (as far as I know), they dispensed with the use of that word, most likely because the RS staff knew they were also targeting the younger audience and not just the adults.

If Dana had said “peeved” or “ticked” or if the line had been removed altogether, I wouldn’t have second thoughts about the sequel. Unless George Carlin meant to list 6 dirty words and not 7, I cannot consider “p***ed” to be family-friendly. If Illumination Entertainment can get away with it, I’d hate to think what other language worse than H, D, and C they (and some other animation studios) could throw in their future films.
Dude, no offense, but I think you're overreacting a little. "P!$$ed" is not that bad of a word (and "crap" is not a bad word either).

Any Del

Reaction score
Well, this didn’t really happen today, but rather, at least one month ago, when I saw The Secret Life of Pets 2.

I know for a fact that it was rated PG for “some action and rude humor,” but I never expected Pops (voiced by Dana Carvey) to say “Pickles is p***ed.” I was literally stunned and gut-punched as soon as I heard it.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!? Do they not know there are many euphemisms for “mad”? If you’re going to bill a movie as a family movie, try to steer clear of words worse than h3ll, d4mn, and cr@p. A-double-S isn’t much of a big deal as long as it’s used for “donkey” and/or “fool” and not as a term for rear end or as some kind of adjective enhancer. I know The Lorax was rated PG for “brief mild language,” which was barely audible. I also remember seeing the P-word on screen when I was playing Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, which noted “language” as one of the components in the rating box. And let’s not forget that after the first season of Regular Show, which had Rigby saying the P-word once and Mordecai saying it twice in total (as far as I know), they dispensed with the use of that word, most likely because the RS staff knew they were also targeting the younger audience and not just the adults.

If Dana had said “peeved” or “ticked” or if the line had been removed altogether, I wouldn’t have second thoughts about the sequel. Unless George Carlin meant to list 6 dirty words and not 7, I cannot consider “p***ed” to be family-friendly. If Illumination Entertainment can get away with it, I’d hate to think what other language worse than H, D, and C they (and some other animation studios) could throw in their future films.
Umm... Overreacting much? Take a chill pill it ain't that big a deal.