What is your least favorite Muppet Movie?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
My least favorite Muppet movie would be Muppets Most Wanted. I somehow blame the failure of that for the lack of any new Muppet movies from 2015 until now.
I think Muppets are falling out of favor of the target audience, and appeal more to former kids who are now mature adults and maybe even grandparents. I don't know how successful the online series "Muppets Now" will be - time will tell.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I personally hate every Muppet movie from "Treasure Island" onward.

Oddly enough, I never got to see the full film "The Muppet Movie" when it first came out, so I never got to see the final part of the movie with the Muppet chorus including the "Sesame Street" Muppets including the final appearance of Herbert Birdsfoot in an original Muppet presentation. Even then, the most I would have identified, in terms of "Sesame Street", would have been Big Bird, since he stood out and had a speaking part.

I did, however, see the films "The Great Muppet Caper" and "The Muppets Take Manhattan", in their entirety when they got released to theaters.

However, I find it amazing that "The Muppet Movie" turned 40 years old last year.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I personally hate every Muppet movie from "Treasure Island" onward.

Oddly enough, I never got to see the full film "The Muppet Movie" when it first came out, so I never got to see the final part of the movie with the Muppet chorus including the "Sesame Street" Muppets including the final appearance of Herbert Birdsfoot in an original Muppet presentation. Even then, the most I would have identified, in terms of "Sesame Street", would have been Big Bird, since he stood out and had a speaking part.

I did, however, see the films "The Great Muppet Caper" and "The Muppets Take Manhattan", in their entirety when they got released to theaters.

However, I find it amazing that "The Muppet Movie" turned 40 years old last year.
You hate The Muppets 2011 and Muppets Most Wanted ?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I actually watched A Very Merry Muppet Christmas movie for the first time in such a long time (basically 18 years since it first premiered on TV)...... yeah, I gotta be honest, I actually had a tough time sitting through this one and my opinion has drastically changed. Not only did the production for this movie feel rushed, Kermit’s character in this one was just.... :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kermit's characterization in that one movie feels like what the Henson family has been complaining about in regards to Steve Whitmire's portrayal of Kermit in general: a bitter, angry, depressed victim. Even seeing this movie as a kid, I felt like Kermit was way too OOC in this one.

But, as I've said many times before, I would describe this movie as the result of an emo teen having seen one Muppet movie, and maybe having seen IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, and deciding to crawl out of his/her depressive funk to write a fanfic about the Muppets parodying IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, while somehow thinking that it also needed a bunch of pop culture references, and Simpsons/Family Guy-esque humor, and then that somehow got turned into a movie.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As a kid I do remember thinking Kermit seemed a bit out of it.... but I kind of just shrugged it off as him feeling frustrated.

As an adult, him wishing he was never born? The whole “It’s a Wonderful Life” plot felt pretty forced into it, almost like they were just trying to fill up the last half of the movie as much as possible. While I didn’t mind some references here and there like A Christmas Story, it just felt like I was watching nothing more than the Muppets trying to do a parody movie which didn’t really work too well.

Overall at first the movie felt like it was trying to be its own thing, but then it just fell into the Wonderful Life plot for the last half.

Last edited:

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Yeah I was never too fond of Its a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie. I vaguely remember my family renting it when I was very young and I think we ended up shutting it off when it came to the scene where Scooter is a stripper