What is your least favorite Muppet Movie?

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I actually enjoy 3 movies most Muppet fans hate (Kermit's Swamp Years, Letters to Santa and Muppets From Space) even though the part of the plot to Letters to Santa is really weird but my least favorite Muppet movies are Muppets Wizard of Oz for obvious reasons, It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie because of the dark plot, and last and definitely least Muppets Most Wanted because that was a terrible way to end the Muppet movie franchise

Sally Swing

Reaction score
So I finally got around to watching Kermit's Swamp Years after putting it off for, well, years, and...uhhh...yeah, it's...really...not good. It's extremely awkward and weird and not in a good way. The only redeeming parts imo were Jack Rabbit, his song, the little throwbacks to muppet canon (?), and Cree Summer as Pilgrim and Kermit's mom.

Granted, it's not as terrible as MWOO, but...yeah. It's not something I'll be rewatching anytime soon.

As for IAVMMC, it's incredibly flawed and dated, but I still find myself coming back to it now and then, mostly because of the second half of the movie. The stuff with Kermit/Piggy is really emotional and well-written and this is coming from somebody who used to be pretty 'ehhh' towards Kermit/Piggy. I still have my issues with the pairing, especially with how they're portrayed nowadays, but I honestly think that was one of the better depictions of their relationship. (That's a whole 'nother discussion, though.)

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
So I finally got around to watching Kermit's Swamp Years after putting it off for, well, years, and...uhhh...yeah, it's...really...not good. It's extremely awkward and weird and not in a good way. The only redeeming parts imo were Jack Rabbit, his song, the little throwbacks to muppet canon (?), and Cree Summer as Pilgrim and Kermit's mom.

Granted, it's not as terrible as MWOO, but...yeah. It's not something I'll be rewatching anytime soon.

As for IAVMMC, it's incredibly flawed and dated, but I still find myself coming back to it now and then, mostly because of the second half of the movie. The stuff with Kermit/Piggy is really emotional and well-written and this is coming from somebody who used to be pretty 'ehhh' towards Kermit/Piggy. I still have my issues with the pairing, especially with how they're portrayed nowadays, but I honestly think that was one of the better depictions of their relationship. (That's a whole 'nother discussion, though.)
I really didn't like that movie either. But I did like how Cree Summer was in it. You gotta love Penny Gadget in a Muppet movie.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
So I purchased a copy of The Muppets Wizard of Oz recently (it was 1.50 at a thrift store, I couldn't help it) and before I got the DVD I had only seen the movie twice in my life. I gotta say it was much worse than I remembered it, there were just so many things wrong with it. some of the scenes near the beginning were somewhat entertaining, David Alan Greer has some funny scenes, I laughed a little at the crows scene and I liked the "Oz for Dummies" joke but the rest was terrible. Some of the jokes and disgusting imagery were a little too far even for the muppets. It was disturbing to see Kermit and Gonzo getting ripped apart and in the scene where Piggy melts I wasn't sure what was more disturbing, Piggy melting or the weird gold pig Medusa on the wall.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I personally think any Muppet movie after "The Muppet Christmas Carol" was not great. "Muppets from Space" was the worst, in my opinion. Maybe it was due to my lack of appreciation for "The Muppet Show" by that point, though I had no problem with pre-1986 "Sesame Street", even though I had lost interest in the newer episodes by the mid-1980s due to a plethora of format changes. And I never saw "Follow That Bird" nor "Elmo in Grouchland" ever.

DMHFan

Reaction score
My least favorite Muppet movie would be Muppets Most Wanted. I somehow blame the failure of that for the lack of any new Muppet movies from 2015 until now.

Last edited:

Cookie3001

Reaction score
My least favorite Muppet movie would be Muppets Most Wanted. I somehow blame the failure of that for the lack of any new Muppet movies from 2015 until now.
THANK YOU! finally somebody agrees that Muppets Most Wanted was terrible. I will post a picture later on but I have a news paper article that I have saved all these years about the movie and the headline is "All felt, no heartfelt" and it talks about how the movie did not do them any good

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Well dang, I think MMW is great. Funny guest stars, Constantine is an interesting villain, and some pretty catchy songs. Granted, I do think it's slightly overrated (I prefer TM2011), but it really succeeds as a good Muppet movie.

If you want to talk about bad Muppet movies, let's talk about Muppet Treasure Island...

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Truthfully, between 1979 and 2000, I saw every Muppet movie with the exception of "Muppet Treasure Island". Based on what I saw in the trailers, the movie was horrible, and still is. It's a good thing I never saw it.

"Muppets from Space" was the worst Muppet movie I ever saw. But I had no interest in "The Muppets" (2011 film) nor "Muppets Most Wanted" because of my loss of interest in the cast of "The Muppet Show" by the turn of the century (maybe because of finding some of the characters ugly, including Janice and even Miss Piggy), though I seem to have no problem with Kermit the Frog, if limited to classic "Sesame Street".

Regarding "The Muppets" from 2011, I did learn that it was the first Muppet movie to be given a PG rating. I wonder what the reasoning behind this was?