What happened to Ruthie?

mikealan

Reaction score
Hi! I didn't get to see Ruthie (y'know, the human seller of the Finders Keepers store) on Season 30 episodes, and I don't see the Furry Arms, Finders Keepers, subway, the playground, etc. from Season 25 on them.

What happened to Ruthie and the new Sesame Street block?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Isn't she still doing the voice of that character, Suzie Kabloozie or whatever?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's funny, quite a bit was lost after they used the "around the corner" bits about 1995 or so. Ruth Buzzi still did the voice of Suzi Kabloozi, unfortunately, no new S.K. cartoons were produced for a while....:crazy:

CookieFan

Reaction score
What seasons were those sets used? I was just wondering, because my kid's lift-the-flap books have Finders Keepers, Furry Arms, the subway, the playground, etc.

Honestly, I love Ruth Buzzi, but I didn't care for her on SS.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think they may have scrapped the whole around the corner idea. Instead, they changed the fix-it-shop to the mail-it-shop or something. Why on earth did they do that anyway? Then they added an animal hospital behind those huge doors that never went anywhere before. Then you have to consider that Elmo's Worl takes up half the show and another 15 minutes or so is taken up my Journey to Ernie. There's not that much street left in Sesame Street. I guess they just didn't have any time left to go around the corner. I liked the around the corner stuff. Benny was hilarious :big_grin: .

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
They could have still used the 'around the corner' stuff...

What I've always been curious about is that whole area where Big Bird's nest is. You know a city would in real-life wipe out the bird and put parking or something there.

An animal hospital is through the doors? The green doors behind the tire swing?? Weird. Wasn't that once where they parked their cars?

FOZ

WiGgY

Reaction score
Yep, they painted the doors with an animal mural and stuck a pet hospital behind them. They also put a small playground in fron of it i think which is another reason they nolonger go to the park. Does anyone know why they messed with the fix it shop though?