What Broadway musicals have you seen?

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I'd forgotten about this thread...

I can add a couple of plays I saw on holiday in the summer:

The Importance of Being Ernest
The Real Thing (Tom Conti)

And a musical I saw over Christmas:

My Fair Lady (Christopher Cazenove, Amy Nuttall, Russ Abbott, Hannah Gordon, Steven Moore)

And in my earlier list I forgot Bombay Dreams, which I saw on the West End a couple of years ago.

Andy

Reaction score
Here's my (extensive) list:
Miss Saigon
Phantom of the Opera
Victor/Victoria
Jekyll and Hyde
Rent
Ragtime
Lion King
Seussical (which was better than the internet message boards wanted you to think)
Mamma Mia
The Producers
Hairspray
Avenue Q
Wicked
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (amazing production-deserved a longer run)
Spamalot
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Andy said:
Here's my (extensive) list:
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (amazing production-deserved a longer run)
I saw this in June and I agree with you. I was very disappointed when I read they were closing it so soon. Especially since it ran for a couple of years in London.

:stick_out_tongue:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Actually on Broadway in New York, I've seen The Producers, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I absolutely loved the latter; I got a free CD because I went last may, and I listen to it all the time.

I've seen The Lion King in Toronto. The whole thing is beautiful. Especially the first moments, when the sun is rising, it's just awesome.

Xerus

Reaction score
I just came back from a trip to New York and I saw two musicals.

I finally got to see Avenue Q. At first I was shocked seeing the bad language and the adult situations the puppets were doing. But I learned to overlook it and enjoy the music, the storyline, and all the characters that were really enjoyable. And I thought it was interesting how the puppeteers were seen on stage and how they can throw their voice to a puppet they're not controlling. And how they had little cartoon spoofs of Sesame Street and the Electric Company on the side TV screens. Despite the adult humor, it's a really cool show. :smile:

And I saw Wicked. It was an amazing wonderful story on how the Wicked Witch and Glinda of Oz came to be. And we end up seeing the Witch in a different point of view. The music was awesome and we learn how certain things in Oz came to be. I recommend go seeing Wicked if you're ever in New York. :smile:

Reaction score
In New York: Les Mis, Avenue Q, Hairspray, The Producers, Cats, Bat Boy, 42nd Street and Millie. Love 'em all!

Princeton

Reaction score
I go to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on Nov. 26th!:excited:

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I want to see HAIRSPRAY, WICKED, LION KING, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, and the new LITTLE MERMAID MUSICAL. I have seen SNOOPY!: THE MUSICAL! and YOU'RE A GOOD MAN CHARLIE BROWN. I also want to see HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL... THE MUSICAL!

Princeton

Reaction score
Let me do an update of the shows I've seen

-Beauty and the Beast
-Avenue Q
-Little Shop of Horrors
-Hairspray
-Movin' Out
-Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (November 26th)
-Wicked (sometime in January)

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
This past May I finally got to go see Wicked in Chicago, with Carole Shelley in the role of Madame Morrible. Seeing it onstage has only reaffirmed my love for it.

And I'm in agreement with other Wicked fans that its an absolute crime that the song "Wicked Witch of the East" was left off the soundtrack.

-Kim