What Broadway musicals have you seen?

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I saw Phantom of the Opera 4 times at the movie theater!!! I just bought the DVD, and have watched it at least 20 times!!

I'm going to see it in New York this June!!!

That Announcer

Reaction score
Love that show. The title song of POTO is my favorite song. Impressive record for in theater viewings, Didymus.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Non-musicals/plays:
  • Dial M for...(with Roddy McDowall & Nancy Allen)
*jaw drops, closes it* You have no idea how jealous I am right now...

I've never gotten to see a Broadway show actually on Broadway (although I hope that will change someday), but I've seen plenty of musicals.

Most of them were put on by the local high school, and my cousin Chad was in a lot of them; his farewell performance was as Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof. I've also seen Sweet Charity, Anything Goes, Grease, Sugar, The Music Man, 42nd Street and Little Shop of Horrors put on by the high school (and that last one scared the crap out of me). I've seen Wizard of Oz, Annie, South Pacific, Peter Pan, and Cinderella performed by the local civic theatre. And I saw Jesus Christ Superstar when the high school and civic theatre collaberated to put that on.

I've also seen Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat...about three times. I've seen the high school theatre troupe perform it, I've seen the civic theatre perform it and I went and saw a performance of it in Chicago with Donny Osmond playing Joseph.

Thus is the extent of the Broadway shows that I have seen. I'd love to get the chance to someday see my three favorites - Wicked, RENT and Jekyll and Hyde.

-Kim

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
On various visits to London I've seen:

Dr Dolittle (Phillip Scofield)
Starlight Express
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (Micheal Ball, Richard O'Brien, Anton Rogers, Brian Blessed)
Acorn Antiques (Julie Walters, Celia Imrie, Duncan Preston, Neil Morrissey, Sally Ann Triplett, Josie Lawrence)

At other theatres around Britain: Ive seen

Calamity Jane (Toyah Wlicox)
Joseph and His Amazing Technicolur Dreamcoat
Saturday Night Fever
Oh, What a Night (Kid Creole)
Oklahoma

Plays:

The Anniversary (Sheila Hancock)
Slueth (Peter Bowles)
Star Quality (Penelope Keith, Una Stubbs)
The Play Wot I Wrote (Guest Star: Richard Wilson)
Julius Ceaser
Hamlet
The Death of a Salesman

Oh, and I'm currently rehersing for my secondary school production of Joseph and His Amazing Technicolur Dreamcoat playing Reuben (presently trying to perfect my pigeon French accent for my solo number "Those Canaan Days")

A few year's ago I appeared in our production of Oklahoma and last year I made my debut with my church Dramatic Club in a one-act play called Marigold Mews.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I'm Thenardier in Les Miserables... TONIGHT!! EEK!!

Btw, HT. I once played Benjamin in Joseph, love it. For some reason we skipped Those Canaan Days. Shame, when I saw it live afterwards that song was awesome!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Shows I've seen:

Les Miserables
Joseph
Rent
The Lion King
The Music Man
You're A Good Man Charlie Brown
Showboat
Titanic
Fame
Cabaret
Jesus Christ Superstar
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying

My favorite would have to be Rent. It's such a moving show! I've been in several shows as well:

Oklahoma (played Gertie with the annoying laugh, my friends hated me!)
The Music Man (Alma Hix, a pick-a-little lady)
Guys and Dolls (Hot Box Dancer)

That was high school although I miss it sometimes!

P

Princeton

Last December I saw Hairspray; best show I've seen live so far! In March, I go see Movin' Out. I actually found out more about it AFTER I bought the tickets. Now I'm not sure I want to see it, because it's mostly interpretive dance, and the only dialogue is the piano player singing Billy Joel songs. For those of you who have listened to the cast recording, the piano player's voice is simply god-awful! So, if the piano player's voice is awful when I see it, I'm basically up Chocolate Creek without a popsicle stick.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Movin Out is an awesome show, and I would be surprised if you hate it. The choreography is amazing (as is expected of Twyla Tharp), and the dancers are always equally awesome. Even if you don't like that style of singing, it's a very small critique, as you will definitely find.

MGov

Reaction score
The first Broadway musical I saw was "42nd Street" starring Jerry Orbach (Lennie Brisco from "Law & Order"). Later when I was living and working in NYC, I met Jerry Orbach. Told him that "42nd Street" was the first Broadway show I ever saw. He said, "And that was the last Broadway show I ever did!" He was a very nice guy.

I saw "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" with Nathan Lane. Hysterical!

A friend got us tickets to "The Scarlet Pimpernel" a few years ago. Bad show.

Also saw:

"Chicago" with Bebe Neuwirth
"Cabaret"
"Tommy"
"Rent"

And non-musicals on Broadway:

"The Tempest" with Patrick Stewart: That man can act!
'Death of a Salesman" with Dustin Hoffman and John Malkovich
"The Old Neighborhood" by David Mamet
"The Beauty Queen of Leenane"
"Angels in America: Millennium Approaches"
"Angels in America: Perestroika"

As for plays and musicals I've seen elsewhere or been in, I was a theatre major in college and an actor for a long time so that list is too long to even start.

peachesncream

Reaction score
i've seen quite a few of broadway plays that were touring.i never realy got the chance to go to broadway just yet.
cats
rent( a few times)
jekyll and hyde(before it went to broadway and they seriously changed it)
jesusu christ superstar with sebastian bach
chiccago
phantom of the opera
miss saigon(one of my favs)
man of la mancha
annie
producers
tommy
cabaret
grease
smoky joe's cafe
hairspray and proabbaly some more i've forgotten but i'm dying to see aida