What are your stories?

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
Name: Macy. I think this is the first time I've ever revealed my real name on this forum.
Nickname: Mace, May-May, EMBEE, MB, Myron, Jellyfish (just to name a few...)
What brought me here? I heard about the most recent Muppet movie during the summer of 2011. I got super excited and started wondering if there was an online Muppet fan community of some sort. So I did a Google search and found this place. I looke around a bit and decided that I wasn't interested in joining. I came back a months later when I was looking for Muppet fanfiction. I lurked around for about a month and then finally decided to make an account.
Favorite Muppet: Gonzo, because he taught me to be proud of my weirdness. My next four favorites are Kermit, Robin, Rowlf and Beaker (though Robin and Rowlf switch spots quite often).
First thing I saw on this forum: I'm not sure, but the first thing I remember seeing is fanfiction.
Favorite Muppet Song: I'm Going to Go Back There Someday <3
Favorite Muppet Movie: The Muppets Take Manhattan

I watched Sesame Street from when I was a toddler to when I was 10 or 11, so I had a love of Muppets planted firmly in me pretty early on. Hoots the Owl made me want to play the saxophone (I've been playing it for about 6 or 8 years now), and Rosita is at least partially to blame for my lifelong interest in the Spanish language. I also watched Bear in the Big Blue House and Fraggle Rock whenever I got the chance (which wasn't very often). When I was about 11 years old, I started losing interest in Sesame Street while at the same time gaining interest in The Muppet Show. My dad started showing me and siblings Muppet videos on YouTube and a couple of the Muppet movies. For the next few years, I would occasionally spend hours watching Muppet stuff on YouTube. But when I saw The Muppets in the theater early this year, it clicked something on inside me. And to make a long story short, I quickly became obssesed.

cjd874

Reaction score
A little late on this, since I joined three months ago...
Name: cjd874 (real name Doug)
What brought me here: I've browsed this forum as a guest for years (since middle & high school) and then I decided to join and chat with other like-minded Muppet fans.
Favorite Muppets: Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem :big_grin::sing::halo::flirt::cool:, Statler and Waldorf :boo::sleep:, and the Swedish Chef :hungry:. I am a fan of rock music, I love a good cynical joke every now and then, and I especially love to watch cooking shows, so those choices of Muppets make sense. Although I wouldn't eat anything the Chef makes. (Chef enters and hits me with a frying pan...Ouch!!!)
Favorite Songs: "Rainbow Connection" is simply the Muppets' anthem. I also like "Can You Picture That?" and "Happiness Hotel"...all movie songs! Plus "Train to Morrow" by the Country Trio from the Muppet Show.
Favorite Episode: Probably the Elton John appearance on the Muppet Show. Elton is one of my favorite singers of all time. :smile:

Glad to be here, and these first months have been great! You've all made me feel so welcomed and I can just be myself on this forum.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Name: Colette (muppetfan24/7)
Nickname: I forgot what I had as my nickname.
What brought me here? Well, I have been a Muppet fan ever since I was well young. The first time I ever got into Muppets was when I used to a tape called, "Jim Henson - A Celebration of Sesame Street." The first songs I remembered were "Being Green" and "I Don't Want To Live On The Moon." My favorite characters were Kermit, Harry Monster (I was a little bit scared of him), The Count (he made me giggle), and Elmo. Yeah, I know they are Elmo-haters, but I really grew up watching that cute red monster. After I joined in, I started getting obsessed (Sheesh!).

Then there was Fraggle Rock. Ah yes, the show I truly and dearly loved. My favorite FR character has and will always be Wembley. Way back when I saw the show, I even liked Boober and Mokey, but Wembley is still my number one FR character of all time.

Favorite Muppets: Kermit, Miss Piggy, Rowlf, and Robin
Favorite Song(s): "Rainbow Connection" performed by Kermit the Frog and "Happiness Hotel (very catchy song)
Favorite Episode: Well... I would say either the Elton John and John Denver episodes so far.

The fanfics I have right now on the Fan Fiction and Art thread... I am still working on those, but school and family are getting in the way.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
My name is Manda, and I am a very old, (at least, that's how I feel), 18. I've loved the Muppets ever since I was REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLY little, and I found this site at around 15 looking for Muppet stuff, (mainly song lyrics), but didn't sign up here until after VMX aired. I'm very fond of Rowlf & Robin, (as you'll be hearing FOREVER and EVER, from now on), and Red Fraggle is my idol. I am a self-proclaimed student of animation. I have a deep love of my Catholic faith, as well as a great interest in apologetics. I love music, and am positively obsessed w/writing. I dream of becoming either a published author, or writing for the Muppets. I have incredibly eclectic tastes, everything from blues music to Japanese kung fu films. I collect teddy bears. I speak French. I don't have a least favorite Muppet. I love them all....Even Elmo.

Oh, yeah, and I also happen to be nuts. :big_grin:
LOL you're not old! Wait till you hit your 30s. Then you'll feel old. Age is only a number, though and you're only as old as you feel :smile: I'm going on 32 years old but I feel like I'm 21 years old.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
Name: Tanya (Zoot Fan 1981)
Nickname: You can call me Lynne :cool: Frankly, I don't like my name.
What brought me here? Well, I was getting tired of facebook and was looking for an interesting site where I can share some interests with and talk to people with out the drama. I came across this site and checked it out first before I signed up. I have been a Muppets fan since I was young. I have 3 all time favorites. Zoot who plays the saxophone and is very mellow and easy going, Animal the wild drummer, and Rowlf, the sophisticated piano player. So far I think this site is the best because it's nice to share memories and other things with other muppet fans and best of all, no drama. I own 2 dogs. Hawkeye (I really wish my hubby let me name him Rowlf or Cooler) a Cavalier King Charles spaniel and a chihuahua Yasmin. I am currently writing a story on this site under the thread Stories About Zoot if anyone wants to read it. It's open to anyone so please feel free to read and comment. If there is anything you want to know about me, feel free to ask :cool:

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
I love Rugrats, but I'm not the big fan of the new episodes, I like the original 90s stuff. Yeah, Punky Brewster rocks, I love the sitcom AND the cartoon as well, Punky Power! :smile:
Punky fan right here. I grew up on the cartoon and TV show.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
yay more Al fans! he's such a nice guy...very sweet! i got his autograph, then gave him a copy of my demo CD (of my original music)...in return, he gave me a slice of apple! it tasted good too :smile: i showed him an essay i wrote about him my freshman year of high school but the security guards were staring me down so i could really only point out the pictures I used in the essay but not the text...then the best and last part: the hug :smile:
Aw, you're so lucky! I've been a "Weird Al" Yankovic fan since I was 3 years old. My cousin met him in the 80s during his in 3D concert. I did get to attend his Bad Hair day concert but I never got to meet him. He puts on the best concerts :cool:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Name: Dwayne
Nickname: Hey You
What brought you here? Being a fan of Jim Henson and the Muppets
Favorite Muppet: Kermit the Frog
Favorite Song: Rainbow Connection, Love Led Us Here
Favorite Show All of the Muppet Shows.
Anything else? Sure, I love Muppet Central, and can't wait to see what the next year and years to come will bring!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Name: Mikaela

Nickname: JazzyAlphabet

What brought you here: Muppet Wikia. I have been banned multiple times from that website and I am no longer a member.

Favorite Muppet: Elmo

Favorite Song: What Is Friend, Count Me In

Favorite Show: Sesame Street

Anything else? An avid Blue's Clues fan.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score