What are your stories?

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
I've made detours in Pittsburgh en route to and from Michigan, but haven't spent too much time there...to be honest, I spent the first 10 years of my life in Northern California and I've only been living in the Philly area for about 8 years!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Wow, you sound so interesting Cookie! :big_grin:
First tme I heard someone loving the language of Spanish.

:stick_out_tongue:

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
awww thanks Beakie, or should i say, gracias! I have no Spanish ancestry whatsoever but I've been studying Spanish since 7th grade and it has always been my favorite class. I decided to major in it in college because I originally wanted to major in art but had a hard time getting a portfolio together since I had no time to take art classes in high school. In addition to my spanish major I'm also minoring in art and figure it will work out for the best since I won't have to put in as many studio hours for the minor as I would have to for the major.

and yeah, concerts and plays are a huge part of my life. i did theater all throughout high school and loved it but am currently taking a break from it this year...it's just so time consuming and the commitment is bigger than one would think. i used to spend at least 4 nights a week rehearsing (plus afternoons after school and set design/additional rehearsals on saturdays) and sometimes wouldn't come home until 10 pm on those nights.

i'm a big concert junkie and when I can't afford tickets to shows I'd really like to attend, I am always on the lookout for opportunities to win free tickets or ways to get into concerts for free...like I sold merchandise for a band for whom I'm a member of the street team called The Alternate Routes (www.thealternateroutes.com) at one of their concerts over the summer at a very nice little venue that's a few miles away from where i go to college. It was great, especially since they were opening for Jonny Lang, another of my favorite musicians, that night. Also, my friend hosts a radio show on Y-Rock on WXPN (www.yrockonxpn.org), an online radio station based in downtown Philadelphia. He was giving away 2 free tickets to see Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (www.blackrebelmotorcycleclub.com), another of my favorite bands, and I really wanted to go since I was turned onto them about a year ago and liked them so much I had to see them live. My friend the radio show host and I were talking on AIM one night, and I said, "You know, I really would like to see BRMC but can't afford a ticket and I don't know how I'm going to get there." He replied, "Well, I'm giving away 2 free tickets on my show tomorrow so listen in and enter the contest!" I did what he told me to do, and surely enough I won! It was a great concert and I ended up giving my dad the other ticket and he was complaining about how loud it was, but it was 5 days before my high school graduation and a great way to end my senior year (especially since I had seen "Weird Al" the night before that concert and had met him!).

well those are just a few of my stories! looking forward to sharing more at your request!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
WOW!

*Reading*

I am speechless! In a good way! Wow, that's quite a story there, Cookie. :big_grin:

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
thanks Beakie :smile: i'm off to my evening art class so the stories will have to wait until another time!

Beakerfan

Reaction score
  • My favorite solo artist is "Weird Al" Yankovic (I blew off my senior prom to see him in concert with 3 of my friends and then stood outside his tour bus for 2 hours and finally got to meet him...he gives good hugs :wink:)
*eyes get HUGE* NO WAY! GAHHHH! I am forever jealous of you! (I'm a total Al-oholic)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
**high-fives King of Eight for being a Canadian convert** You rock!

MeWantCookie we're already chatted about how much you love Weird Al but I can't remember if I high-fived you or not, so you get one too. **high-fives**

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
yay more Al fans! he's such a nice guy...very sweet! i got his autograph, then gave him a copy of my demo CD (of my original music)...in return, he gave me a slice of apple! it tasted good too :smile: i showed him an essay i wrote about him my freshman year of high school but the security guards were staring me down so i could really only point out the pictures I used in the essay but not the text...then the best and last part: the hug :smile:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
*Jaw drops*

I would have preserved that apple...:O Weird Al is da shizzle.

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
he most definitely is! but the apple would have probably gotten brown and yucky with time...lol i also met Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz (Al's drummer) and Steve Jay (Al's bassist); both very nice guys...according to Bermuda, Al maintains his own myspace...so i wonder if he would remember me if I met him again. Then again he does meet a lot of people so the chance would be slim, but he remembers a lot of my Al buddies who follow him to pretty much every East Coast show on his tour...it would be nice for Al to remember me though...one day when I have enough money and my own car I'll go to more shows (not just Al)