What are your favorite number segments?

Chris Von Count

Reaction score
does anybody have this film?

This has been driving my nuts for the past couple of days now and I was just wondering if anyone out there has this film? It was one of my favorites as a kid.
It is the one with the guy doing the 18 handsprings out in a yard. It has him standing out side a house or some building and he is wearing red swimming trunks with white polka dots on it, and then he starts to take some running steps forward he executes a cartwheel and then does back handsprings across the lawn while kids count the handsprings. Then at the end he crashes onto the ground on his hands and knees.

If anybody has this film, or knows where I can download it please email me, my email address is drwho762001us@yahoo.com I would apprciate any info, or replies very much. Thank you..:smile:

Nyperold

Reaction score
I remember "I've Got Two Eyes" from that old LP I had!

And yeah, the dollhouse one. :smile:

Wasn't there a Muppet & kid segment with this little girl (she sounded like a Brooklynite, maybe?) who said "everything is two with me"? And she named a few things... only at least one thing was not a two thing, and it was either something that there was only one of, or something that there was ten of. Or maybe there was one of one kind and one of the other.

I saw the one about how hard it is to be fifteen because you keep being forgotten. Really? Is the number 15 that hard? I can imagine forgetting 19, 17, or even 11 before I forgot 15... even before that song was added to SS. Did they take a poll?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow... just two pages and this is already a hot topic? Wow, I've got more hot topics here at MC than I realized... I feel so... important!

PinballStewie

Reaction score
Here are mine:

0 - Cookie Monster's song about subtracting cookies (which is also about the number 0)

1 - Harvey Kneeslapper's "Would Ya Like 1?"
2 - Bellhop 2 Lost Kids In the Lobby
3 - the "1, 2, 3 (Hee hee hee!)" song
4 - 4 Big Lions
5 - Stencil # 5 on asphalt
6 - "6 Soccer Socks"
7 - "Alligator King"
8 - Bellhop 8 Steamer Trunks
9 - Grover the Waiter # 9 Special
10 - Count to 10 With Nobody
11 - The 11 Squares cheer song
12 - The rocks (or Cocoa Puffs, as I used to think they were) in the desert
13 - 13 Hamburgers (computer-animated)
14 - "14 Ducklings In the Pot"
15 - No particular fave here, though I'd love to know what the "Forgotten # 15" skit was like
16 - "16 Blues" (although after seeing the Bellhop # 16 skit today on YouTube, that ranks as a close second; who ELSE would think of having a 13th floor on a kid's show? :wink:)
17 - 17 Derby Hats (computer-animated)
18 - Bellhop Telephone Message to Table 18
19 - 19 Popcorn Kernels (computer-animated)
20 (pre-sponsor days) - tossup between Indian Guru and the "Numbers In the Military" cartoon
20 (when sponsored) - Bellhop 20 Grapefruits
39 - Monsterpiece Theater "39 Stairs"
40 - 40 Dots

Well, that's about it fer now! (BTW, sorry I couldn't come up with better skits for 13, 17, and 19 but they were the only ones that came to mind.)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Here are mine.

0 - A zero doesn't like being well,a zero,so a coach tells him about how good zero can be.
1 - Would you like 1? - Harvey Kneeslappers "1" joke.
2 - Toucan step - Donnie Bud
3 - Baker#3
4 - a count of 4
5 - Kermit tests Herry and Cookie Monster to see if they can identify the number
6 - I'm six years old today!
7 - Jazzy spies - 7
8 - Baker #8
9 - Martian Beauty
10 - James Earl Jones counts to ten
11 - Rap#11
12 - Balls and the number 12
13 - Rap #13
14 - Animated creature counting segment
15 - Rap #15
16 - Cut out animation of these freaky looking people walking to the left with a different number
17 - Rap #17
18 - "I don't know what to choose!"
19 - Rap #19
20 - Ruber stamp#20
39 - Guy Smiley takes his audience to lunch
40 - Fat Blue goes to the bakery

zns

Reaction score
Of all the number segments, my favorite is the 1-2-3-4-5 piece animated by Jim Henson. That song is so catchy, it's hard to get it out of my head every now and then.

PinballStewie

Reaction score
My bad, my REAL favorite "5" segment is Freddy the 5, not the stencil on asphalt one.