What are the highest quality Fraggle plush?

BornToWemble

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Sababa Red and a MT Wembley that I got as get well presents after my surgery.

To anyone out there considering the MT Wembley, be warned that mine doesn't seem to have that bulby nose like the one earlier in the thread had, but he's the only one from that line I have so it's hard to say.

My Red is pretty nice, I like her plastic eyes, and her tail is much longer than MT tails, but her mouth gapes open very wide and it can look a bit funny (in a good way, but still). Her legs are also sewn very close together but I only just noticed, so I guess it doesn't look too weird.

Wembley's eyes are plush and a bit cross-eyed, but that might just be mine. Their tails are shorted but they stick out like on the show. I can't say much else about them that hasn't already been said, but there's something else I didn't see mentioned:

It might be because the Sababa was gotten at a yard sale (though she doesn't look very worn except the fact she doesn't have her sweater :concern:) but the MT is MUCH softer material wise. It feels very nice to the touch and it's great for cuddles. I haven't cuddled Red much though because 1. She's second hand and I'm afraid to wash her 2. I'm much more fond of Wembely since I'm wembler myself....obviously.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I would have to say that it's a tie between and Manhattan Toys and Sababa toys.
Why I would say that because of the following reasons.

. The Sababa toy Fraggles have better hair than the Manhattan toys.

.The Sababa toy Wembley's hair is a little green but the Manhattan Toys Wembley has more Yellow hair than the Sababa toy version.

. The Sababa toy line didn't include Mokey Fraggle nor Uncle Traveling Matt.

. The Manhattan toy line included Junior Gorg, Sprocket, and Cotterpin Doozer.

In conclusion, Sababa toys and Manhattan toys are great toy companies for the Fraggle Rock plush toys but it can be hard to judge one over another.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
This is something that bugged me as a Fraggle fan for a long time, so I thought I'd give my two cents!

Personally I have the entire Fraggle Five from the Manhattan Toy line, with the exception of Wembley, who's Sababa. I am definitely a fan of the look of the Sababa toys, but they're just so dang SMALL! :cry:

I wanted cuddlability and I liked the size ratio among the Manhattan line, so that's why I went with them. Plus I absolutely needed a Mokey. But when it came to Wembley, well, the Sababa plushes are small anyway, and the greater likeness (+kinda ridiculous hair, which I'm actually really fond of) steered me toward Sababa. Wish the Manhattan line was a little prettier, though, got to admit.

Beige Fraggle

Reaction score
Why did you make this a sticky thread? I don't believe it's an important enough topic to be sticky, and it is very annoying having to scroll past all of these sticky threads to get to the REALLY interesting (and recently updated) threads.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Why did you make this a sticky thread? I don't believe it's an important enough topic to be sticky, and it is very annoying having to scroll past all of these sticky threads to get to the REALLY interesting (and recently updated) threads.
Maybe the poster's hands got stuck in some radish dust when writing it?

....:boo:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Sorry to bump a thread that hasn't been used in over 6 years, but I have a very good reason.

You see, my mom is a fan of Fraggle Rock. And one day in November 2017, while I was in an arcade in Bridgeport, WV (excellent place, BTW), I saw that they had plushies of the Fraggles at the prize counter for 600 tickets each. I worked hard to earn at least that quantity, and succeeded in the end. I ended up getting a plush of Boober (my mom's favorite, which I actually didn't know at the time) and gave it to her for Christmas. She loved it.

Now onto the quality of it. The limbs and tail are sewn on pretty tight, the belly is soft, and it has quite a bit of detail. Overall, it's pretty good (to me, at least).

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Sorry to bump a thread that hasn't been used in over 6 years, but I have a very good reason.

You see, my mom is a fan of Fraggle Rock. And one day in November 2017, while I was in an arcade in Bridgeport, WV (excellent place, BTW), I saw that they had plushies of the Fraggles at the prize counter for 600 tickets each. I worked hard to earn at least that quantity, and succeeded in the end. I ended up getting a plush of Boober (my mom's favorite, which I actually didn't know at the time) and gave it to her for Christmas. She loved it.

Now onto the quality of it. The limbs and tail are sewn on pretty tight, the belly is soft, and it has quite a bit of detail. Overall, it's pretty good (to me, at least).
The company that made those was Toy Factory, they did the main five along with Junior Gord.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I knew that, I didn't mention their name intentionally because they also made plushies of the Minions. Not amusing.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
Definitely the Manhattan toy ones. They come as both puppets and plushes. They're hard to find nowadays but you can probably find them on places like eBay. They make the five main Fraggles, Traveling Matt, Sprocket, Junior Gorg, and Doozers. I used to have the puppets of Gobo, Wembley, and Boober, plush toys of Red and Junior, and a giant-sized Mokey, and they were all great except for the Mokey. Definitely recommend those!