Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, and now Disney's also doing a live action remake of HERCULES, and Benny-Who Cumberland (a.k.a. the guy who made the Grinch into a sassy gay furry last year) will be Hades.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Oh, and now Disney's also doing a live action remake of HERCULES, and Benny-Who Cumberland (a.k.a. the guy who made the Grinch into a sassy gay furry last year) will be Hades.
Well I wouldn’t be surprised if James Woods can’t comeback for Hades due to his political nature

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually feel like that makes him all the more perfect for Hades. :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

But really, he's an old, washed-up, has-been at this point anyway.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I actually feel like that makes him all the more perfect for Hades. :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

But really, he's an old, washed-up, has-been at this point anyway.
The only thing he does now is Family Guy appearances

mr3urious

Reaction score
Well I wouldn’t be surprised if James Woods can’t comeback for Hades due to his political nature
Yet he still voiced his character in Kingdom Hearts III, seeing as he loves to do so. I don't think it's because of political reasons.

Tim Allen didn't return to voice Buzz, either, but that's probably because Square-Enix could only afford so many big-name celebrities.

Last edited:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So I watched the banana splits movie today.

Probably gonna get crucified by purists but i loved the movie. It was...definitely not a good movie, but it was on those fun levels of camp where its entertaining just because of how extremely low budget it is. I will say though, excellent effects on the kills. Not cgi at all. All done with makeup and practical effects and honestly it was nice having seen...so so many movies lately that just go too far with the cgi blood.

I'd say it was more of a horror comedy.
I also want to point out i have garbage taste in movies and generally enjoy terrible low budget gore fests

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remember a while back when I mentioned it seems like Dakota Fanning hasn't done anything in a really long time? Well, she's coming under fire now for an upcoming movie she's in, in which she plays a white girl who is abandoned in Ethopia and being raised by Muslims; this is supposedly based on a novel, and the director of the movie is Ethopian, but people are attacking Dakota for "whitewashing."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh gee . . . apparently Barney is getting another movie. . . .