Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

MWoO

Reaction score
You are conflating actual box office success with a pre-release following. Actual box office success will not be known until after the movie releases. As of right now, it is neither successful nor unsuccessful.

To say the movie is doing poorly or doing well is false. Therefore, ascribing a motive to the actress's comments having to do with the success or failure of her movie is also false.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The movie isn't even out yet, how is it doing poorly?
The quote pig's laundry gave me was in reference to a wrinkle in time, and from what i hear, that movie was not very good. When i said the movie did poorly, i meant a wrinkle in time, not captain marvel.

but she's apparently saying the same thing about captain marvel already. if you're a white male reviewer, your opinion is invalid.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Yeah a wrinkle in time is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It was Batman and Robin and The Last Jedi level of godawful garbage.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Getting back to CAPTAIN MARVEL, apparently the movie blatantly promotes racism, anti-semitism, homophobia, and conservative propaganda.

At least, that's evidently what the consensus on Twitter seems to be.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Getting back to CAPTAIN MARVEL, apparently the movie blatantly promotes racism, anti-semitism, homophobia, and conservative propaganda.

At least, that's evidently what the consensus on Twitter seems to be.
In what way?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, those tweets seem to have conspicuously and suspiciously been deleted (all at once?), but there were complaints about a gay character getting spat in the face (and certain people in the theater cheering at it), a rainbow pride flag being burned, and everything else just blanket complaints from people saying they were leaving the theater early over the propaganda they were witnessing, and some saying Brie Larson should be ashamed of herself, etc.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Well, those tweets seem to have conspicuously and suspiciously been deleted (all at once?), but there were complaints about a gay character getting spat in the face (and certain people in the theater cheering at it), a rainbow pride flag being burned, and everything else just blanket complaints from people saying they were leaving the theater early over the propaganda they were witnessing, and some saying Brie Larson should be ashamed of herself, etc.
You can't be serious. Those things cannot possibly be in the movie? Are you attempting to be funny? :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No. If those were still available, I'd link them here so you can see for yourself, but they've all disappeared.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
No. If those were still available, I'd link them here so you can see for yourself, but they've all disappeared.
I'm not saying you're a liar but I cannot believe that hateful nonsense would be in a Marvel Movie. In 2019 that type of stuff is not acceptable. As a Republican I fully support the LGBT community. My best friend is gay and my other best friend is bi sexual. This has never changed my opinion of them. I love them as they are.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I'm not saying you're a liar but I cannot believe that hateful nonsense would be in a Marvel Movie. In 2019 that type of stuff is not acceptable. As a Republican I fully support the LGBT community. My best friend is gay and my other best friend is bi sexual. This has never changed my opinion of them. I love them as they are.
Sorry for going on a mini rant I just hate any type of hate against anyone whether they are gay or straight.