We still need more characters!!!

mikealan

Reaction score
Hi! You guys did a great job making the new SS webpage, The Sesame Street Encyclopedia, but we need more characters!

Here are the other Sesame Street characters we need for the SS Encyclopedia site:

LULU (a new purple monster from Season 32-33)
LULU (an early green monster from Season 1)
BIFF & SULLY
GRANNY FANNY NESSELRODE
HERBERT BIRDSFOOT
HARVEY KNEESLAPPER
SIMON THE SOUNDMAN
SS BEAUTIFUL DAY MONSTER
SAMMY THE SNAKE
FRED THE DRAGON
KINGSTON LIVINGSTION III
INGRID & HUMPHERY
THE TWO-HEADED MONSTER
THE HONKERS
THE DINGERS
THE TWIDDLEBUGS
THE YIP-YIP ALIENS
PRINCE CHARMING
PLACIDO FLAMINGO
SONNY FRIENDLY
THE ANIMATED NOO-NEE-NOO TYPEWRITER GUY
TEENY LITTLE SUPER GUY
MAHNA MAHNA

and more to come!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Mikealan. You might consider posting this again over at the "Sesame Street Encyclopedia" thread to ensure that the forum members in charge of the site see it. At last I heard, they were in the process of adding Fred the Dragon and Bip Bippadotta (the SS version of Mahna Mahna), they just need pictures of the characters and descriptions. Of the characters you listed, just so you know, their names are spelled this way:
Ingrid and Humphrey, Baby Natasha's parents (Distinction must be added to differentiate between Baby Natasha's mommy and a previous AM named Ingrid).
Kingston Livingston III.
The Martians (the names of the "Yip-Yip Aliens").
Hope this helps.

BTW: Who's Lulu from Season 1? Please describe what she looks like and if possible, what her personality was like. Thanks and have a good day.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Count,

LouLou from Season 1, Is infact Beautiful Day Monster with a wig on.
She is from the sketch 'LouLou's Back In Town', And is spelt L O U, Instead of L U L U.

We WILL add all of those Muppets that you listed Mike, We just need pictures.
Thats where you come into it, You can send us as many pictures as you like and we will add everyone aslong as its better than what we already have or we dont have it at all !

Granny Fannie Nesselrode and Sonny Friendly are alreayd on the site !

Remember its a big job, But we want to compile alist of as many Muppets that appeared on Sesame Street as possible.

Could you try and keep all posts related to the Sesame Street Encyclopedia to the original post ?

see ya

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the descript assist Warrick! LouLou and Fred the Dragon and Furline Huskie are all among the new batch of names I'll add to my Muppet Listing. Now if you'd be so kind as to answer, who are the Pointer Brothers? Please describe what they look like and what their personalities were like and a sketch or two where the characters appeared, if that's all possible. Thanks again and have a good day.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Count,

Ive never heard of the Pointer Brothers, But i know that The Pointer Sisters were singer on Sesame Street.

see ya

dcfboss

Reaction score
i think i could get you a pic of the yip yips.....maybe the honkers and dingers too....i have a pic of just one dinger...the orange one, but it's not as full of a body shot as you might want, but with honkers and dingers and the more obscure characters, it's hard to find good quality pics of them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Warrick, if you're drawing a blank on who the Pointer Brothers are then let me guide to what brought up the question in the first place. The "Granny Fanny Nesselrode" thread started by Scarecrow, if his name's spelled correctly, has the post I'm talking about. He asked if GFN sang the song "Subway" cause the LP listed that song as sung by the Pointer Brothers. The other reason I ask is cause I thought the Oinker Sisters were supposed to be the SS celebrity spoof characters based on the real singers known as the Pointer Sisters. If the Pointer brothers exist and anyone can tell me anything about them, most importantly what they looked like, then they'll be added to my Muppet Listings. Thanks for the help and have a good day.

FreddyTheDragon

Reaction score
They still haven't put up Dr. Rainbrain and the chalk-and-blackboard little girl (Can't remember her name for the life of me) on there yet. Hope they do it soon. Professor Noble Price isn't there either.

However, I was pleased to see the profiles on Fred the dragon and Beautiful Day Monster. Awesome picture of BDM!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
FreddyTheDragon said:
They still haven't put up Dr. Rainbrain and the chalk-and-blackboard little girl (Can't remember her name for the life of me) on there yet. Hope they do it soon. Professor Noble Price isn't there either.
I wonder if Dr. Rainbrain wins the award for "most obscure character of all time"? I don't ever remember hearing about him untill recently, and I know about a lot of obscure Sesame Street things, even things that I haven't seen (for example, I haven't seen anything with Sam The Robot but I know a lot about him). I think it might be hard to find a picture of Dr. Rainbrain. Does anybody here know who performed him? If he was performed by Brian Meehle then it would probably make sense that he stopped appearing (although most of brian meehles characters were recast after he left). Maybe he was performed by Richard Hunt (since Dr. Rainbrain apparantly appeared with the Count most of the time and both Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt worked well together).

FreddyTheDragon

Reaction score
I think Frank Oz played him. Yeah, Dr. Rainbrain hasn't been appreciated at all. I agree. I never knew the exact name of him up until now, but growing up, I really loved the skit he was in. As a small kid, I loved the psychotic episode he threw. That was classic! It's too bad that that particular skit is never appreciated anymore. I would like to create a Dr. Rainbrain character shrine in the future, but there's a few glitches. I don't have any screencaps.