Was TMS shot in front of a live audience?

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Juliet Prowse, Connie Stevens, and Paul Williams all got a Muppet likeness of themselves for appearing on The Muppet Show. This "tradition" of creating a single custom puppet likeness was dropped early on due to costs, time, and other constraints on the crew. (I read somewhere that Tim Curry got one as a gift from the crew of Muppets Treasure Island as well). These are the type of things that the stars would hang onto and keep until they fall apart (which sadly Muppets do).
I forgot were I heard that those that got Muppets made of themselves also got lifetime maintenence of their character.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
They also presented a Muppet likeness to the director of "The Muppet Movie", James Frawley. (Who, FYI, also directed episodes of "The Monkees" TV series.) The Muppet of him was wearing a headset.

I wish I could be certain, but I can't remember for sure, if that puppet was in the "Rainbow Connection" big ending scene. I know I saw it in person, so chances are, it was in the scene.

:stick_out_tongue:

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned that three Andy Williams Muppets featured as "The Williams Brothers" with Andy in his episode of the Muppet Show; although I don't know if he got one of them to keep or not.