Was TMS shot in front of a live audience?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I would guess that is the Frank Oz muppet too...he's not AS alike as the others, but there are similarities there...

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I think the Frank Oz muppet has red hair because maybe he had it when he was little, but again, ya'll gotta remember it's a puppet caricature.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How about this question...whenever the guest stars were presented with Muppet replicas of themselves, did they actually get to keep them?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, they did. I wonder if they still have them...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Yes, they did. I wonder if they still have them...
THEY DID?!!! You're kidding?! I didn't think they were allowed to do that!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Only 2 stars ever got a muppet of themselves. They didn't do that every show. It would take up too much time. I think it was Juliet Prowse and Connie Stevens who got ones. (And possibly Paul Williams, just because they made 3 different ones for the "Old Fashioned Love Song" number, but that is just my hypothesis, not fact)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Only 2 stars ever got a muppet of themselves. They didn't do that every show. It would take up too much time. I think it was Juliet Prowse and Connie Stevens who got ones. (And possibly Paul Williams, just because they made 3 different ones for the "Old Fashioned Love Song" number, but that is just my hypothesis, not fact)
There were actually two of them, not three, but according to the muppet morsels, paul williams has one of them on top of his piano, so he must have gotten to keep at least one of them.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I must have missed that...mind you, I usually try and skip the song anyway :stick_out_tongue:

Though the puppetry is quite great in it, I mean, all those puppeteers!!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's some more questions about the pilot:
1. Did Fran do Miss Piggy? Yes.
2. Who performed Jefferson in the Mt. Rushmore bits. John Lovelady.
3. Who performed each Deadly Sin? Vocally, Jerry Nelson performed Envy, Sloth, and Gluttony, Dave Goelz performed Averice, John Lovelady performed Vanity, and Richard Hunt performed Lust. Rage didn't talk. You can see the performers for yourself during the ending credits, where some are not performed by who voiced them (I think John Lovelady was performing Rage, but I can't remember which other sin he was performing in that scene).

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Juliet Prowse, Connie Stevens, and Paul Williams all got a Muppet likeness of themselves for appearing on The Muppet Show. This "tradition" of creating a single custom puppet likeness was dropped early on due to costs, time, and other constraints on the crew. (I read somewhere that Tim Curry got one as a gift from the crew of Muppets Treasure Island as well). These are the type of things that the stars would hang onto and keep until they fall apart (which sadly Muppets do).