Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a wonder they're still releasing new Elmo's World DVDs, since it's no longer in production and there's only one episode not on DVD. Shouldn't they be focusing on a second Elmo the Musical DVD?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
With only one Elmo's World segment left to be put on DVD, it would've been nice to get that on this latest DVD release just so they all could be on DVD. I like the idea of a DVD box set of all the Elmo's World segments though. I'm sure that would sell pretty well for all the young (and older) fans of Elmo out there.:laugh:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm assuming it's never been released ("Transportation" is the one) because of the music it uses in the "Tickle Me Land" spot (uses the Peanuts theme and "Chattanooga Choo-Choo"). I suppose they could've just cut it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm assuming it's never been released ("Transportation" is the one) because of the music it uses in the "Tickle Me Land" spot (uses the Peanuts theme and "Chattanooga Choo-Choo"). I suppose they could've just cut it.
Or they could just replace the music like they did with "Dancing".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just saw a "Sesame Bits" comic which promotes a new DVD called Elmo and Friends, yet I had been unaware of such a DVD. Anybody know anything about this (I can't find anything online)? I'm hoping it's like a sequel to "Best of Friends".

EDIT: Muppet Wiki now has info, but says it comes out on April 1. If that's true then this is the first time they did a "Sesame Bits" comic for an upcoming video the moment it was announced.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just saw a "Sesame Bits" comic which promotes a new DVD called Elmo and Friends, yet I had been unaware of such a DVD. Anybody know anything about this (I can't find anything online)? I'm hoping it's like a sequel to "Best of Friends".
The ...And Friends line is a series of crappy, low budget for children compilation DVD's of Batman, Looney Tunes, Superman, and Scooby-Doo. Obviously also Sesame Street, but no need to repeat that. The funny thing is, the Batman and Friends release (all episodes of Batman TAS... what friends?) is just a repackage of an old 2001 era Batman DVD with the same exact episodes and special features.

So yeah. Not expecting great things from this one.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Interestingly, the cover image looks different from the other Sesame Street releases from Warner Bros. (it looks more like a Sony Wonder cover). I wonder if Warner is changing its style for Sesame covers.

And in the last two years, most of the DVD covers noted "Over 2 hours of fun!" (in some cases that includes the bonus features), but this one only says "over 8o minutes". I guess that's a step back.

I went looking for a copy at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and Target, but couldn't find any (somebody at Muppet Wiki said they saw a copy at Wal-Mart). If it's like those "...and Friends" releases, I'd like to know how it is (two existing 40-minute videos in one?). I wonder if the "and friends" format would lend itself to a Sesame Street release that only has inserts from previous videos.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thinking about "Elmo and Friends", whatever that is, I wonder if it could be like "Best of Friends", only with more Elmo. I could see it having about two Elmo segments in a row, then a section of skits on different characters, including one appearance with Elmo if possible. For example, it could start with "In Your Imagination" and one of the "Word of the Day" skits with Elmo, then some Cookie Monster segments, let's say "The Cookie Bunny", "One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest", "A Monster Are My Red 2" (with Elmo), and "Match Those Shapes". Then a couple more Elmo segments, then a section of Grover segments, let's say "Grover Serves a Burger", "Super Grover and Super Elmo", "I Need a Word", and "Near and Far", and so on....

Another possibility is that it's themed around the various main characters, with a heavy emphasis on Elmo. Meaning most of the segments feature Elmo, but many of them also feature other main characters with Elmo (and a few without him).

I guess we'll know for sure when somebody posts info on Muppet Wiki. If I find a copy I'll look at the packaging to see if the whole thing is a rerelease of existing video releases.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
My bet is that the DVD will include either both "Best Of Elmo" programs, or either one of them paired with a different program.