Videos: "Kermit's Party" sponsored by Bounty Paper Towels

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Hey good eye! There is a pic of Jim and some Muppets (including Bert & Ernie) in the background. I only saw it in episodes 2 & 3 though. In the Gonzo episode there's also a photo of the wedding in MTM. :smile:
I noticed the wedding photo too.... and this the are they or aren't they questions begin again :smile::mad:

Borples

Reaction score
Yay! What fun. I think I literally yelled "Carl!" and "Rizzo!" at their parts. :smile: Good to see them!

Could have used a little more background music or flying penguins or something. Seemed sort of quiet for a Muppet party.

I heartily approve of Gonzo balancing a shark swimming in finger paint. That's a new one.

Borples

Reaction score
Sorry for posting again, but something was bugging me. The advertising part of these seems a little flat. There's a mess, thank goodness we have Bounty. Eh. So I was trying to think how that could have been done in a more Muppety manner. And I decided it would be better if there was no Bounty. As in:

*mess is made*
Kermit: Oh no! Get the Bounty paper towels!
Bunsen: We're used them all yesterday when Gonzo tried in-home scuba diving.

So the characters try various other silly things to clean up the mess. The Chef uses...I dunno, oatmeal, maybe. Gonzo uses tap-dancing sea sponges. Bunsen uses a ridiculously overpowered shop vac he invented. And of course, the oatmeal, sea sponges and shop vac run amok and take over the house. If only they'd had Bounty...

There. I fixed it. *walks off whistling*

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Sorry for posting again, but something was bugging me. The advertising part of these seems a little flat. There's a mess, thank goodness we have Bounty. Eh. So I was trying to think how that could have been done in a more Muppety manner. And I decided it would be better if there was no Bounty. As in:

*mess is made*
Kermit: Oh no! Get the Bounty paper towels!
Bunsen: We're used them all yesterday when Gonzo tried in-home scuba diving.

So the characters try various other silly things to clean up the mess. The Chef uses...I dunno, oatmeal, maybe. Gonzo uses tap-dancing sea sponges. Bunsen uses a ridiculously overpowered shop vac he invented. And of course, the oatmeal, sea sponges and shop vac run amok and take over the house. If only they'd had Bounty...

There. I fixed it. *walks off whistling*
You can only be so Muppety in 1:00. LOL!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Or maybe Crazy Harry could cause a big explosion, which would singe the house, requiring a Bounty clean-up.

I wonder if there'll be more of these. I was thinking about how we got three in one day, then remembered that when The Muppets Kitchen premiered online, we got four at first. One difference, though, is that we knew of The Muppets Kitchen in advance, while with these ads, we didn't know anything about them until they premiered online. We don't know if there'll be more.

These kind of feel like the kind of projects that could have been made in the 1990s, considering the absence of Fozzie, Piggy, Animal, Rowlf, Scooter, and the Electric Mayhem. Mahna Mahna is the only Henson character in these who was not recast in the 1990s, and yet he doesn't have any dialogue (though Rowlf, Scooter, and the Mayhem likely wouldn't have had dialogue if they'd appeared if this was a '90s production).

In a way, this home reminds me of Kermit's mansion (with all the friends Kermit has it'd make sense to throw a party in a big mansion), but it also reminds me of that PSA where Kermit tells the viewers to imagine if everybody lived in one home.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Kermit doesn't live in a mansion remember? He lives in the swamp still when he's not working. Lol.

Beauregard

Reaction score
It reminds me of the softly furnished house where he and Pepe shared breakfast in the Cravendale ads.