Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The "extended" UK version of the Electric Mayhem's intro scene is missing a couple of lines:

It skips from :sing:: Zoot, sax is your axe,
to Animal's intro while omitting the following lines:

:sing:: Uh-oh, Zoot skipped a groove again.
:flirt:: Wow, like, I'm Janice, I'm lead guitar, for surely.

If they decide to include an extended version of the Electric Mayhem's intro and Kermit's plot summary with the visual footage, it would probably be best to make a composite scene from the US and UK versions, retaining all the dialogue from the band's intro, along with the flashback clips of Kermit's and Fozzie's adventures.....

The Muppet Movie - Dr Teeth Reads The Script (Extended Scene) - YouTube
I was thinking the same thing. I hope they do what you suggested.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
I just wanted to pass this on. I created a Facebook fan page to try to show how there is a genuine interest in getting more classic Muppet material on DVD, Blu-Ray and/or streaming video services. I'm very passionate about this, as I imagine (and can see) most of you are, and I've been meaning to get social media involved for some time. With this Muppet Movie Blu-Ray trailer and news, I figured there was no time to lose in making our voices heard, especially for what we'd like to see as extras on this release, in addition to other productions. Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/MoreClassicMuppetHomeVideo . Please Like it, Share it, tweet it, etc. and feel free to share your own suggestions on the page. Thanks, a lot!

-Zach

matleo

Reaction score
You know everyone talks about commentaries from the people who are still alive, but I something that Disney and a few other have done are retro-commentaries where they take old audio from deceased actors, writers, producers, etc. and add those in. I'd like to see them do a director's commentary commentary that would make use of any Jim interviews that might be in the Henson archives as well as a few others. I believe there are a few hours of the raw interview footage from the old World of Jim Henson documentary. They could use some of the stuff that Jerry J and and Frank did for that and then anything they could find from Jim. You mix in some new commentary from Jim Frawley, Paul Williams and Dave Goelz, you could have a pretty darn good commentary.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Well, if it's just audio from stuff we've seen, I don't think it's really worthwhile to just tack it on to this. Usually commentary is based on a recording of someone WHILE they're watching, so it relates to whatever's taking place onscreen, hence wanting people who are alive to take part in any commentaries. If there were unreleased commentary-esque audio that could serve the same purpose, relating to specific insights in the making of the film, THAT might be worthwhile. I just don't want something we could have already seen recycled, especially in favor of new commentaries. Just my opinion.

-Zach

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
I just wanted to pass this on. I created a Facebook fan page to try to show how there is a genuine interest in getting more classic Muppet material on DVD, Blu-Ray and/or streaming video services. I'm very passionate about this, as I imagine (and can see) most of you are, and I've been meaning to get social media involved for some time. With this Muppet Movie Blu-Ray trailer and news, I figured there was no time to lose in making our voices heard, especially for what we'd like to see as extras on this release, in addition to other productions. Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/MoreClassicMuppetHomeVideo . Please Like it, Share it, tweet it, etc. and feel free to share your own suggestions on the page. Thanks, a lot!

-Zach
It popped up on my feed cuz Kevin and Jamie liked it, and I liked it too! :big_grin: Good job, I hope Disney pays attention.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Well, once it gets a decent amount of likes, I'm hoping to get it tweeted to @MuppetsStudio, at the very least. If anyone knows any other way to contact the people in charge of such things, it'd be much appreciated to share such info, so we can pass along the passion, enthusiasm, and suggestions. Thanks!

-Zach

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
So tl;dr but I have been wanting to post this somewhere since I saw it.

For those of you that have Netflix - The Muppet Movie is streaming. It seems to just be this one movie, which I can only guess is a part of the new Disney library that's being offered.

Just when I thought things were getting worse, Disney has once again proven that sometimes they do not suck.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'm almost more excited about that. If nothing else, it means Disney's playing nice with Zemeckis and Spielberg and Amblin. There's talks of the sequel's script being worked on as we speak. Hopefully this means the rise of some more merchandising or something.

Still, it would be nice to have a solid release date for both of these films.
Scratch what I said, info is coming out now.
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-who-framed-roger-rabbit-eyepopping-bluray-march-12-2013-59327/

Hopefully we won't have to wait 5 months for info about the actual release this thread is about.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Scratch what I said, info is coming out now.
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-who-framed-roger-rabbit-eyepopping-bluray-march-12-2013-59327/

Hopefully we won't have to wait 5 months for info about the actual release this thread is about.
I'd be willing to wait that much and a bit longer, if they needed it to give us all the extras we're longing for, rather than just pushing it out and maybe years later when/if there's another new format, giving them on that.

-Zach

Status
Not open for further replies.