Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Disney, please put the full uncut version that only the UK got to see on this! This is gonna be awesome!
I would like to see "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along" complete and the audible Muppet dialogue during the end credits like it is on the UK cut, but I'm kinda skeptical those edits will be included (as extras, at the very least).

Drtooth

Reaction score

This trailer has been on a bunch of Disney Blu-rays since the summer but there's still been no news about a release date.

I'm almost more excited about that. If nothing else, it means Disney's playing nice with Zemeckis and Spielberg and Amblin. There's talks of the sequel's script being worked on as we speak. Hopefully this means the rise of some more merchandising or something.

Still, it would be nice to have a solid release date for both of these films.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I have no doubt that Disney is cleaning up the print for posterity. We'll likely still get some grain so it won't be a perfectly clean film. It will at least look as good as it did in theaters and that's really the point.

I just really want extras. Extras, extras and more extras. Some of the Muppet specials would be nice. Also, there's got to be more TMM specific material in the vaults. I also would like to hear some commentary. Muppet commentary is cool, but I would also like to hear from performers or the director about the making of the film. Still, just a crisp transfer of the film is enough for me.

I am going to admit that it's a little strange to see the Disney logo above the film logo as in "Disney: The Muppet Movie." I know they paid for the franchise and branding is important. It just looks a little strange to me since they had no hand in making or distributing the 1979 film. I am happy that Disney has the Muppets so I guess this is something we're just gonna have to get used to.

I know it doesn't seem to matter to a lot of people, but I encourage Disney to bring back the original cover art for the release. Drew Struzan did such a beautiful job painting two different posters for the film. It would be nice to see one of them. Maybe Disney could create some sort of store-exclusive bearing the original art. The garishly Photoshopped monstrosities have really been disappointing. Disney's usually much better handling the art for their animated properties. Come on, Disney. This is your chance to pull out all the stops on this and make something really special! Sure, I'll buy it either way. :wink:

Squigiman

Reaction score
What Jamie said, X1000, - the part about a crisp transfer being enough. Extras (good, substantial ones) are a MUST. Let's make sure to make our voices really heard, if we can impact this, at all, with a release date still nowhere in site. Let's find who we need to contact to make this happen, because it will likely be QUITE SOME TIME before another one.

-Zach

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I remember when the Kermit's 50th Anniversary DVDs were first announced, the two Jim-era features had behind-the-scenes featurettes announced as bonus features that ultimately didn't make it onto the discs due to space issues. Hopefully, they are as good as the featurettes for the post-Jim features and will be put on the respective Blu-rays and see the light of day.

But, yes, I say Disney should everything possible pertaining to this movie they can get clearance to put on the disc. Like I said The Muppets Go Hollywood has absolutely no reason not be on this disc, even if it's edited, same goes for the Jim Frawley camera tests. If the deleted scenes can be made available to Disney, those should be on there too. There is surely a lot of stuff Disney can put on this disc that would require very little work on Disney's behalf beyond getting it cleared.

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
Awesome news. Can't wait. Actually one of my favorite films, Muppet or otherwise. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I first saw the trailer and thought about the fact that no specific date is on there (just 2013) I wondered if it was official or fan made. Especially since the youtube channel it's associated with sounds more like something a YouTuber would have. But hopefully this is real. Too bad it doesn't show cover art or a list of features.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
When I first saw the trailer and thought about the fact that no specific date is on there (just 2013) I wondered if it was official or fan made. Especially since the youtube channel it's associated with sounds more like something a YouTuber would have. But hopefully this is real. Too bad it doesn't show cover art or a list of features.
Since they showed the real Disney Blu-ray logo during trailer, it's 100% real! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.