Video of Elmo with Richard Hunt's voice

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Though I recently read that, while the 40th anniversary DVD lists it as being from season 11 (and it probably was produced for that season), "Me, Claudias" was first shown in a season 12 episode (after that personality was established in an episode).
Most likely, it was taped during season 11, but not aired until the following season for whatever reason. So, when they're putting those DVDs together, they were probably looking at the production codes for the bits and not the aired episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Most likely, it was taped during season 11, but not aired until the following season for whatever reason. So, when they're putting those DVDs together, they were probably looking at the production codes for the bits and not the aired episodes.
I guess the only way we'd truly know (as opposed to maybe being a mistake) would be if we could find info on taping dates (I wouldn't be surprised if Sesame Workshop still had a copy of every insert with either an image or a shot of the slate board).

Though it is interesting when it comes to segments taped one season but unaired until the next or whatever. The first season show content lists some segments without episodes that have officially listed as being from season two, like s-Superman and Jazz #7 (which I could have sworn I saw in the Muppet Wiki guide for episode 13 once fans had access to all those early first season episodes but recently I've been looking and it wasn't there), while season 11 segments that didn't air until the next season have been officially listed as from season 11.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
On the other hand, that's why I thought "Me Claudius" was in a Season 11 episode, until now.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Here's something I'm wondering. I wonder if Brian's Elmo and Mr. Hopper ever interacted or even appeared together. Now can you imagine that? It would sure be something because to me the 2 represent totally different eras of the show. I always think of the hopper years as the pre elmo years and I always think of the Elmo years as 1985 to present the post Hooper years. So it would be unique seeing the 2 together.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Here's something I'm wondering. I wonder if Brian's Elmo and Mr. Hopper ever interacted or even appeared together. Now can you imagine that? It would sure be something because to me the 2 represent totally different eras of the show. I always think of the hopper years as the pre elmo years and I always think of the Elmo years as 1985 to present the post Hooper years. So it would be unique seeing the 2 together.
Yeah, I knew you were gonna ask that. :insatiable:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Which gets me thinking, in The Street We Live On, we see Elmo learn about Mr. Hooper, but is anybody familiar with the clip shown (I don't really know what I can say about the clip that's specific enough to stand out)? I wonder if that clip came before or after Elmo was introduced.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Which gets me thinking, in The Street We Live On, we see Elmo learn about Mr. Hooper, but is anybody familiar with the clip shown (I don't really know what I can say about the clip that's specific enough to stand out)? I wonder if that clip came before or after Elmo was introduced.
It looks like it might have been from the very beginning of an episode since that scene looks to idle to be from anywhere else in the show. Also if Brian's Elmo did indeed meet mr. Hooper. Then everything they said that happened "before" he was around is completely false.

Last edited:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Even though he was always named Elmo, I don't think they consider him Elmo until Kevin took over.