Video of Elmo with Richard Hunt's voice

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I know LittleJerry knows this, but to be fair, that clip wasn't from an actual episode; it's a good indicator, but Brian did that impression on an interview recently.

Elmo's history is really interesting; a newspaper clipping said he was originally to communicate through sounds, but Brian said he performed about eight sketches where Elmo was a bilingual Muppet (English and Spanish) who got obsessed with certain words, e.g. "Casa... casa". :laugh:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Brian was still able to do his Telly voice so I would assume that's pretty much what it sounded like as well back in the day.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
That one clip of David and Elmo at the Fix-It Shop (where Hunt performed Elmo) was from Episode #2011. https://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_2011
I find it interesting how they weren't afraid to use different eras of Ernie in the same episode. I know that was a prevalent thing in the '80s, for any character who had been around for a while.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
JOKE: Episode #2011 shares the same number as the year Being Elmo was released! :laugh:

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Yeah, right. I knew you'd get my joke, right? Yeah, I thought so.:insatiable::zany: So take THAT! (audience laughter and applause)

gravy

Reaction score
Yeah, right. I knew you'd get my joke, right? Yeah, I thought so.:insatiable::zany: So take THAT! (audience laughter and applause)
He was being sarcastic. Also, aren't you afraid of applause?