Video: Matt Vogel premieres as Kermit in Muppet Thought of the Week

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Meh, not a big fan of the voice so far.

I'm sure he'll get better but we'll see.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The way I look at it, it seems that when Steve first took over, he tried very hard to mimic Jim, and it just felt unnatural. Over time, Kermit's voice changed into a higher pitched voice (closer to Steve's speaking tone), and we got used to it. I feel like the same thing will happen with Matt's Kermit. He will soon begin to get more comfortable with the role, and give Kermit some new life. Best of luck to him :smile:
I know what you mean, after Steve's appeared in the recent interviews in the news, I hear a bit of :smile: in his real voice, so it seems like his Kermit was a combination of his own voice and Jim's Kermit.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
It'sssssssss....

oKAYYYY.

I need more.

I wish Matt all the luck in the world.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
The little sigh at the end of this had me like *insert heart eyes* That's Kermit, regardless of who is playing him; I think Matt did a wonderful job and yes, it's not quite Jim and not quite Steve but, it's certainly not bad. I've got mad love for the guy keeping my favorite frog alive.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Honestly it really wasn't that bad, and I grew up on Steves Kermit first then slowly as I got older found Jims Kermit. That chuckle at the end defiently sounded like Kermit and so did the last line of the video. I'm glad they released it as we were gonna have to hear it eventually! Anyway best of luck to Matt and I'm sure he will improve!

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Not bad! It's not the best, but I think he'll get better with the voice as time goes on, just like all performers before him did, even Jim and Steve.

Props to Matt, he did a good job for his first time as Kermit!

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
It's not too bad. Like everybody said, it takes time to get used too with Matt's role as Kermit. I hope he succeeds well, and hopefully we see some new projects for the muppets.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Finally, it's about time!! So, what's my opinion on Matt's Kermit voice?

Well... he actually sounds good, IMO. Not perfect, but not terrible, either. But like everyone else is saying, it is gonna take some time to get used to.