Video: Jim Henson's new Fraggle Rock series "The Doozers"

beaker

Reaction score
Duuude....yes. I thought like every other JHC project we would never hear again about this as it's been several years. But I am seriously digging this. In a way it kind of even feels like Little Big Planet. This gives the Cory seal of approval, just kind of lame there's no US distro plan yet. This needs to be on PBS stat.

No idea what people are talking about...you guys expecting Rango level animation? This is the era of Jayjay the jet plane and Mickeys Mouse cgi cartoons...compared to that, this looks like Pixar.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
This is the era of Jayjay the jet plane and Mickeys Mouse cgi cartoons...compared to that, this looks like Pixar.
WHOA haha, is it really still the era of Jayjay the Jet Plane?! I mean I just haven't even slightly thought about that show in years, though your comment about the Jayjay-like Mickey Mouse CGI animation definitely still stands

Drtooth

Reaction score
My only problem is the Miss BG staccato mouth movements that looks like something out of a bad claymation student project. Hopefully when the show starts up, they'll fix it and give us smoother, more natural mouth movements. Other than that, I do dig the look.

ftnpro

Reaction score
I'm unimpressed so far. Maybe I'll get more excited about this project when it becomes clear what exactly the Doozers are doing, like what the stories will be about. I don't mind an alternate universe reboot kind of thing, as long as there's a point to it.

If it's cool (and it gets played in the US), I'll make sure my young nephews get to see it.

bknatchbull

Reaction score
Hello,

Not sure if The Jim Henson Company wanted this to be seen as it has now been pulled, you can no longer see it.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Oh no! Maybe they felt they didn't want to officially show any footage from the show until a reel was ready with dialogue and more information about the characters. Still, I'd imagine they will release something soon now that this footage has surfaced.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems like the same old Youtube copyright shenanigans to me. I'm sure Henson didn't want anything leaked (especially since this is likely going to be another case of either Short run in Peru or worse and more likely a No Export situation. Still, kinda snotty of them to rip down a fan leaking of footage that really doesn't show much. I guess Henson's trying to wait for a big unveiling, since the footage looks very much in test phase (Glob, I hope they fix those mouths by then).

I can see this show being about as fun as Dino Train, though. I really think that's a great series. Hopefully this can be one too. So far, it looks pretty much what I'd expect it to be.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Eh, I don't think they should tack Jim Henson's name onto this. It's a bit insulting to his memory.