Video: Favorite Kevin Clash Muppet Moments

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I just watched Being Elmo for the very first time today on Netflex. I loved it and can relate so much to Kevin Clash's childhood putting puppet shows in the neighborhood and such. And my mother helped me build my puppets as well. I was so amazed how much I can relate to that. Beautiful Film. I'm buying the DVD and iTunes video for my ipod.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Wasn't Kevin one of the original Muppeteers for Andy and Randy when they made their debut on Muppet Time? I miss Andy and Randy, they were probably my favorite new Muppets on Muppets Tonight, they always cracked me up. I loved the cold opening to I think it was the Sandra Bullock episode where Clifford wanted them to answer the phone and Andy was picking up the whole phone and just messing up and Clifford is loosing his patience with them quickly. Finally they figure out how to use the phone.

Clifford: No No, put it down, put it down. Pick it up when it rings
*phone rings*
Clifford: Now pick it up.
They pick it up and look confused at Clifford
Clifford: AND SAY HELLO INTO THE PHONE!
Andy and Randy: Oh hello into the phone?
Andy: We won what? 14 million dollars? Ooooooh. Well no thank you we can not count that high.
Andy hands up
Clifford: Man you pigs are stupid, I can't believe you turned down 14 million dollars!
Andy: Oh that wasn't for us, that was for you!
Clifford shakes with anger as his hair is slightly messed up. Andy and Randy walk out the door nodding their heads
Andy and Randy: Yo yo yo yo yo yo.
lol

I miss Muppets Tonight, I grew up watching that on ABC and Disney Channel. A great moment in my childhood. I remember already being a huge Muppet Show fan and hearing about The Muppets coming back in new episodes and I was a little confused because I didn't realize The Muppet Show was just reruns. But it was sure exciting seeing all this new Muppet show and being able to look back and say I was there when it permired and originally aired. :smile: And seeing new characters like Johnny Fiama and Sal Manila, Semore and Pepe, and Andy and Randy. Though funny thing because I already knew what Clifford looked like when I was a kid because I think I first seen him on the first Muppet sing a long video. And when I seen the TV commercials on ABC, I was a little confused thinking "Clifford has a brother?". But my mouth droped in my mind in the first episode where Kermit announced Clifford as the new host not because of Clifford being the new host but WHERE'S HIS SUNGLASSES? THAT'S CLIFFORD? I remember Kevin mentioning in the ToughPigs interview about how he didn't like the idea of Clifford not having sun glasses as well as Jim Henson talking to Kevin that the next Muppet show he wanted to do (this was already after The Jim Henson Hour) we wanted Clifford to Host. I really miss Clifford. I think the latest of his permanence was a brief cameo in Muppets Wizard of Oz. I've heard from the grape vine that he was in the new Muppet movie in the background crowd near the end but I never seen him in the crowd.

For those who didn't see the ToughPigs interview, here it is. It's really cool.
http://www.toughpigs.com/a-video-interview-with-kevin-clash/

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I don't know if I posted this one already or not but to me this is a classic. I'll admit I'm not much of an Elmo fan though I don't mind the early Elmo stuff. Plus I just love the music of Chris Cerf and this had a really good 80s keyboard syth music within the rap song. My kind of music :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Here's a great Elmo moment:

I love this kind of stuff Kevin does with Elmo outside Sesame. lol When I was watching the Being Elmo Documentary, there's this great outtake. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it but it's hilarious. lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Let's not forget Dog City in which he Played Ace Yu

He along with Jim Henson played a Vital Role in my Childhood!
I loved Kevin's performance in Dog City. The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight was probably my most favorite of Kevin's performance work with The Muppets. That and his work as Howard Handupme and Baby Sinclair on Dinosaurs. Amazing work. Like I probably already mentioned, Leon is my favorite Kevin Clash character. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the rapping Alphabet, I remember that one. I love how Grover is spinning in different positions through out. lol It kind of reminds me a little bit of the movie Gremlins with the Gremlin doing the Flashdance parody break-dancing. I just love how in the 1980s how Jim and his crew was experimenting with puppetry even with Sesame coming up with film tricks like that. Amazing :smile:

By the way, anyone still remember Wolfgang the Seal? I remember Kevin performing him on 90s Sesame, he was on Sesame all the time. That and Kingston Livingston III. I sure miss them, that and Hoots. Great characters. :smile:

I just learned from Muppet Wiki that Kevin was Watson, Sherlock Hemlock's Dog.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I don't think this one's been posted yet. I just discovered it.

galagr

Reaction score
My favorite Kevin Clash moment is not from Elmo. It's not from Clifford. It's not from Baby Sinclair, Hoots, or Ace Yu. It's from Leon. I love, love, LOVE this moment from the Cosby show. There's just something about it that I like so much, it's hard to explain. Please note, this is not Kevin's best work, it's just my favorite.

Also, here is a large compiliation of clips of Elmo when he was his best, the late 80's!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
My favorite Kevin Clash moment is not from Elmo. It's not from Clifford. It's not from Baby Sinclair, Hoots, or Ace Yu. It's from Leon. I love, love, LOVE this moment from the Cosby show. There's just something about it that I like so much, it's hard to explain. Please note, this is not Kevin's best work, it's just my favorite.

Also, here is a large compiliation of clips of Elmo when he was his best, the late 80's!
I love that Bill Cosby episode a lot, in fact I bought the very Bill Cosby Season on DVD just to get that episode. lol Plus that episode "Cliff's Nightmare" was originally a cross over episode because Bill Cosby would come on before The Jim Henson Hour. It's truely a great funny episode and probably Leon's only outside The Jim Henson Hour appearance before he was recycled. You know there's some rumor that Leon is in fact Kermit's cousin because he would always refer to Kermit as "Cous". Still it could be just slang for dude or something like that. :smile:

Speaking of Clifford, I loved Clifford on Arsenio Hall.
Plus I believe it the episode was also Jim Henson's last TV appearance.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Kermit's cousin because he would always refer to Kermit as "Cous". Still it could be just slang for dude or something like that. :smile:
Yeah. It's probably just slang. That's also what Shifter called Peter in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Partners in Slime" while Peter insisted that he's NOT his cous. Lol. I know this conversation should probably be reserved for the Toonzone Forums, but I just thought I'd mention that. Lol.