Unidentified Bert and Ernie dolls

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I have these Bert and Ernie dolls. I have had Ernie since I was a baby and I have had Bert since I was 4 or 5. I can't figure out what company made them. They look like they might be made by Hasbro softies but Bert looks a little bit like the Kinckerbocker Bert, I an't figure out what company made Ernie. I know that these are not bootlegs (at least I hope not) but their tags are worn out and long gone so if any of you know what company made these please reply to this thread.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bert's definitely Knickerbocker; Ernie looks like a variation of Knickerbocker - the only difference is the sweater.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
So I found a photo online of the Bert and Ernie Hasbro softies and they look similar. Bert looks almost the same except he has flat ears and his arms and legs aren't floppy like the doll I have. Ernie looks simliar but with flat ears and yellow stripes, also my Ernie has skin made form sort of a velvet material

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the Knickerbocker Bert. It looks the same but he doesn't have floppy arms and legs

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I think they might be made by 2 different companies

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now those definitely are Knickerbockers; those are what I have, except my Ernie is missing an ear.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Bert may be a knickerbocker but I still can't find out what company made Ernie. I was browsing online and my Ernie bears a striking resemblance to the Tyco Beans Ernie but I know it's not one of those

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Here is what I'll do, I will upload the image to Muppet Wiki and see if they can identify it