Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Worth mentioning the season that gave us the updated Orange Gold AM pattern is now fully guided.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
So I've been noticing, as of Season 5, that lately these AAPB's have a slight residual audio artifact that isn't present in the coinciding episodes from other sources. I don't know if this is an attempt to scramble or watermark the audio, but I'm wondering if anyone else has picked up on this, or whether or not it's a big enough deal.
Where did you get access to the older episodes? And is there a link you could send me please?

ssetta

Reaction score
You know, I used to go after people who obtained, and especially uploaded episodes from the AAPB to YouTube because it was supposed to be a secret, but it's gotten to the point where I think almost everybody knows about it now, especially people on here. So it's not a secret at all anymore, and there's no sense going after people for it because nobody listens.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As said by the guy who had absolutely no problem showing Veston Bruno how to gain access (among other people).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You know, I used to go after people who obtained, and especially uploaded episodes from the AAPB to YouTube because it was supposed to be a secret, but it's gotten to the point where I think almost everybody knows about it now, especially people on here. So it's not a secret at all anymore, and there's no sense going after people for it because nobody listens.
Um, how 'bout no? Because those files still belong to the archives?

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
For what my opinion could potentially be worth:

Once 0847 was revealed to all the world, (just me) I felt like a sacred taboo was broken, and I don't mean that in a good or bad way. Like everyone else, my first adult exposure to it was the YT uploads, so I can't (in good conscience) denounce the people who got to it first just because I wasn't among them. However, even if I had early access to it, I wouldn't have uploaded it just as a matter of my own policy of not uploading full episodes. But on top of that, being that its internet-era attention enables a lot of ambiguous contextualizations from beyond the SS community, part of me felt like it shouldn't even be all that widely accessible. But, as the cliché goes, here we are, and I might even venture to say that the YT factor is no longer as big of a deal as a result of this.

P.S.: On the other hand, if the Workshop didn't have to continue to straddle the pc line, perhaps an 847 would've been an excellent draw for the now former HBO Max viewership.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The leakage of that episode to begin with was all purely clout-chasing. It wasn’t even a week or so when the library was complete and boom, it’s surfaced on YouTube. If anything the existence of this episode and other instances of it having any public exposure has just proven how this community is incredibly entitled to see every single piece of Sesame Street media that exists.

It wasn’t just the past controversy that kept this from being released - the Margret Hamilton estate from what I’ve heard isn’t exactly easy to license from, so cost factors play a role in that. But with how much coverage this episode’s leakage got, we can now already guarantee it is even more extremely unlikely that the episode will ever see an official release.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
It wasn’t just the past controversy that kept this from being released - the Margret Hamilton estate from what I’ve heard isn’t exactly easy to license from, so cost factors play a role in that. But with how much coverage this episode’s leakage got, we can now already guarantee it is even more extremely unlikely that the episode will ever see an official release.
I guess an official release is probably irrelevant anymore. And as far as any licensing goes, wouldn't that be more of a factor if revenue is being generated by commercially releasing or syndicating the episode? I doubt the Workshop was ready to do that, even for HBO, given how much cleansing was being done to all the episodes.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
If it's okay for me to ask, and for the answer to be revealed, I was just wondering where this came from. Thanks in advance.