Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

clipjj27

Reaction score
The copy of episode 298 held by aapb is a kinescope that cuts out after the dollhouse segment, so technically it appears that we should consider the episode partially lost.
Perhaps we should let the admins at Muppet Fandom know about that (unless they already do), so they can consider classifying Episode 0298 as 'lost' (unless, of course, someone out there has the entire 'unabridged' episode).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure they’re already aware of the missing ending. But all episodes labeled as “lost” are ones where no physical master reel copy is known to exist of the full episode (including inserts).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Could it be possible that the AAPB released earlier episodes for viewing on their website?

Either way, I am going to download that #847 today.
I didn't know it was up until today. Now I don't find that a bad thing. I've been wanting to see the episode, but yeah, I see where people could get in trouble for it as well. You have to look at both sides of the equation.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
I guess I must not have the right forums on my "watched" list. How'd y'all find this out, and what link do I need (if it still works)?

See: I'm not sure I'd be cool with totally open access, but like I've said before, a credential system (like a library membership) should be good enough for AAPB access for the registered. Being visually impaired, I'm already registered with LOC for reading materials.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
So I've been noticing, as of Season 5, that lately these AAPB's have a slight residual audio artifact that isn't present in the coinciding episodes from other sources. I don't know if this is an attempt to scramble or watermark the audio, but I'm wondering if anyone else has picked up on this, or whether or not it's a big enough deal.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
The best way I can describe it is like a subtle ringing tone, similar to a "tinnitus" effect; it's not overbearing, but just enough to distort the upper frequencies of the audio.

hooperfan

Reaction score
So I've been noticing, as of Season 5, that lately these AAPB's have a slight residual audio artifact that isn't present in the coinciding episodes from other sources. I don't know if this is an attempt to scramble or watermark the audio, but I'm wondering if anyone else has picked up on this, or whether or not it's a big enough deal.
Definitely not a big deal.

dvakman

Reaction score
I haven't noticed it, and I'm usually fairly sensitive to sound issues.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I guess I must not have the right forums on my "watched" list. How'd y'all find this out, and what link do I need (if it still works)?

See: I'm not sure I'd be cool with totally open access, but like I've said before, a credential system (like a library membership) should be good enough for AAPB access for the registered. Being visually impaired, I'm already registered with LOC for reading materials.
I may look into that since my girlfriend sort of lost her sight for a while due to a stroke she had last year, her vision is better than it was now, but she still sort of has problems seeing certain things. I'm just wondering if that could benefit from something like LOC.