Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

scarecroe

Reaction score
I assume you're being facetious. For the sake of those reading your response at face value, the episode selection process for HBO Max has not been arbitrary.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why, what's so special about 1190?
Biff and Sully? The zebra? Maria in short shorts while Grover talks about her knees? That creepy BIRD cartoon that scared the crap out of hundreds of tender, innocent children who spent years in therapy dealing with their psychological scarring? Who knows?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another gem here is that all the scenes feature kids, which is not unusual, but two of arguably the most famous Sesame Street kids: Joey and Shola. There's a segment with them and Big Bird which is just gold.
That stood out to me as well. Two kids who I feel were in two of the more famous Muppet/children interactions with Kermit.

I’m curious on seeing Telly’s first appearance after his television persona was gone and as a character.
I'm pretty sure that would be the characters second appearance. Whenever that is (he was used as a generic monster between episode 1257 and the "Fix-It Shop gets renovated" storyarc where he gets his definitive personality).

ssetta

Reaction score
The question is, do we know if and when HBO Max plans on adding anymore episodes? Because when SS first debuted on HBO back in 2016, they had a Classics package, and I figured they would add more as time went on, but they never did. And are you sure the episodes on HBO Max aren’t arbitrary? It seems like some of them are, such as 2912, 3007, 3226, 3466, among several others. Why do you think they chose the episodes they chose? And note they don’t have any of the New Mexico or Montana episodes, I’m not entirely sure why not since they have all the other remote shows.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The question is, do we know if and when HBO Max plans on adding anymore episodes? Because when SS first debuted on HBO back in 2016, they had a Classics package, and I figured they would add more as time went on, but they never did. And are you sure the episodes on HBO Max aren’t arbitrary? It seems like some of them are, such as 2912, 3007, 3226, 3466, among several others. Why do you think they chose the episodes they chose? And note they don’t have any of the New Mexico or Montana episodes, I’m not entirely sure why not since they have all the other remote shows.
With how everything is right now, it’s a moot point. I wouldn’t stress about it until later on after this pandemic

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So for a few years, we've had access to a season 16 episode with the original Rubber Duckie, which follows a street scene with various sounds, and the beginning cut. And now I know they had that street scene and Rubber Duckie edit again in another episode: https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_2158

I was confused at first when looking through the guide. The episode begins with the Great Snuffle Derby, which we hadn't been aware of until after the trusted sources came about (and only recently got images from), but when I saw that the use of season 1 Rubber Duckie had its intro cut and followed the same scene, I was wondering if that was the previous episode (or the same episode with its street scenes reused two seasons later, though I was aware it was season 17).

I guess if we find any more uses of the true original Rubber Duckie in seasons 16-19, it'll be presented that way.

I want to talk a little about the truly lost episodes. I was looking through the lost episodes page and noticed episode 401 involved Big Bird being excited that one of the kids can see Snuffy. I should look through earlier season 3 guides and see if this was the first time Snuffy was seen by a kid, or the first time Big Bird saw him being seen by a kid.