Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Had no clue the Wiki had five other Hunt Elmo episodes; with the documentation of 2036 this appears to be all of them now? Muehl performed him for at least nine episodes (and it seems there could be even more)... the way history was described I presumed Richard spent more time with the character.

@Oscarfan Saw this on the Wiki... is there a reason this AM is wearing Sherlock's outfit or is it just unexplained? They ran low on wardrobe? I'm assuming since it's Jerry it's a fake-out of the character.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
@Oscarfan Saw this on the Wiki... is there a reason this AM is wearing Sherlock's outfit or is it just unexplained? They ran low on wardrobe? I'm assuming since it's Jerry it's a fake-out of the character.
It’s from a bit where Cookie and Ernie have to tell how are they different which at first they don’t know how they are different until the AM comes in and explains their differences. However the bit ends with both not knowing who the AM character is and saying stuff like he’s green like Kermit the Frog, he has the hair of Bert, and he has clothes similar to Sherlock Hemlock.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Muehl performed him for at least nine episodes (and it seems there could be even more)... the way history was described I presumed Richard spent more time with the character.
I was astonished to find that Muehl performed Elmo for six years while Hunt only had him for a couple of weeks. :laugh:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Elmo the character, or Elmo as just a generic red monster for all those years?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Elmo the character. See:

RadioWizard

Reaction score
Turns out, Episode 2036 was on YT a few years ago but only the first scene.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Elmo the character, or Elmo as just a generic red monster for all those years?
As far as our research has found, Muehl never performed the Elmo AM puppet. He only performed actual Elmo.

See Shane's link.