Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
As for the 2nd episode, (I think) @ISNorden once talked about this one and I know a lot of diehard fans (myself included) have shown interest in seeing it. It's a pity we don't know how Mr. Hooper would have reacted to what happened here!
I like how Cookie Monster technically kept his promise and just ate the store.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow, those two episodes look so awesome. I wish those had been chosen for the 50th anniversary release. Here’s hoping someday there’ll be a similar Cookie Monster release with old school street stories, those would make good conclusions.

Cookie Monster watching and eating Hooper’s Store is one that fans have remembered and talked about for years. All this time, I expected him to eat the entire store, not just everything (but the cookies) inside. I also didn’t know that it ended with them starting to rebuild. I always assumed that it ended with David seeing the whole store got eaten and then everything was back to normal in the next episode without explanation.

man, Cookie Monster was a true karma Houdini here, eating everything else and being allowed to eat the cookies afterwards. And from the description it looks like nobody reprimands Cooke Monster.

cjd874

Reaction score
As I've commented before...season 6 seemed to be the season when the SS writers and producers really tried to push the envelope in terms of plots and character development. SAM turns David into a hot dog (episode #680), Prince Charming turns into a tree AND a bird (#712), and now this episode where Cookie Monster devours all of Hooper's Store (#725).

In other words, to quote my old post...season 6 was full of weird ****. Who were the :attitude: weirdos :attitude: who came up with these plots? (But seriously, no disrespect to the SS writers...I just had no idea how wild and irreverent these early episodes were.)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
How many of the episodes Sesame Workshop lost have been recovered? (Or at least pieced together enough to make an episode guide)?

scarecroe

Reaction score
How many of the episodes Sesame Workshop lost have been recovered? (Or at least pieced together enough to make an episode guide)?
All of the lost episodes have guides based on the scripts.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
All of the lost episodes have guides based on the scripts.

Hope the Season 3 episodes that haven’t been fully guided yet will be fully guided soon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don’t think Sesame Workshop has recovered any of the lost episodes. Screenshots that have been added since the wiki discovered episodes are lost come from other sources (such as early episodes of Sesamstrasse, the first three seasons included dubbed street scenes from the domestic show).