Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Grover wasn't on the street at all in the '80s?
I almost want to say it was the case for Frank's characters overall, but I'm sure we'll find out within the next several months as more guides are being added to the Wiki.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I doubt he, or any other of Frank's characters, made any appearances. We might uncover something, but it really seems like back in those days, there weren't extra puppeteers just performing established characters to just hang out in the background. There's an episode where Snuffy gets a postcard from Grover to segue to one of his sketches, so if anything there's probably some name-drops like that here and there.

And even in #2696, Grover doesn't speak; he just makes eating noises.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I doubt he, or any other of Frank's characters, made any appearances. We might uncover something, but it really seems like back in those days, there weren't extra puppeteers just performing established characters to just hang out in the background. There's an episode where Snuffy gets a postcard from Grover to segue to one of his sketches, so if anything there's probably some name-drops like that here and there.

And even in #2696, Grover doesn't speak; he just makes eating noises.
The same could be said about how Ernie was in the same area as Frank's character. Even though it seemed that occasionally they film stuff like Ernie and kids moments and Best Friend Blues on the street.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm sure they could have gotten Jim and Frank for a street plot, but in the time it would take for one of those, they could've shot like 5 or 6 E&B pieces to sprinkle in several episodes rather than limiting their involvement to just one.