Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Only one I can't name is the little girl with the yo-yo, because I'm fairly certain she's just a random kid brought onto the set for the day.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought that was a single-episode Street scene, but found an episode page (I forget which one - but from season 14, I found it when looking for Biff’s episodic appearances) which lists it as an insert as opposed to Street scene. And that page doesn’t have any images from this one (I wonder how it should be titled in a wishlist - what title is in the scripts?).

I assume this comes from one of those episodes secretly supplied to Muppet WikI by Sesame Workshop. And yet compared to other clips supplied by the vaults, especially ‘80s clips, the quality doesn’t look as good. Maybe they can’t all have the same good quality from the same eras, but it is something to note.

One thing I have noticed in recent years: since about 2009, whenever Sherlock Hemlock makes a rare new appearance, his hat and hair placement makes it look like he might be bald, though I’ve never seen the Sherlock Hemlock puppet without a hat (i have seen pictures of a Sherlock finger puppet with a removable hat, showing that he is bald), while back in the early days, when he was used more often, his hair would be closer to the hat that he could have hair underneath his hat. But in this clip from the 1980s, his hairline is clearly low enough where he’s more likely bald. And actually, I have seen a vintage image or two where it slightly looks like he might be missing hair under the hat.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I assume this comes from one of those episodes secretly supplied to Muppet WikI by Sesame Workshop. And yet compared to other clips supplied by the vaults, especially ‘80s clips, the quality doesn’t look as good. Maybe they can’t all have the same good quality from the same eras, but it is something to note.
Could just be the way it's exported

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The infamous episode where Snuffy’s cousin visits Sesame Street. It’s infamous for the accident with the sombrero breaking the frame of the puppet.