Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

mariolover

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if once Sesame Street ends production (assuming it does before the world ends), they release every episode ever made to the public? I wonder if they will do that.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
Random curious question(s): Does anyone have any idea how often the AAPB adds new episodes to the online listing or if they've said how long they expect the project to take?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I dunno, every few months or so. It looks like they're doing it in whatever waves they can manage, so a season or episode isn't going to crop up on its own.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if once Sesame Street ends production (assuming it does before the world ends), they release every episode ever made to the public? I wonder if they will do that.
They won’t. People will go out of their ways to record material that isn’t publicly available and post them on YouTube. The **** poor quality recording of 847 is enough right there.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
They won’t. People will go out of their ways to record material that isn’t publicly available and post them on YouTube. The **** poor quality recording of 847 is enough right there.
You know it's quite disgusting what fans will do just to see one episode.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It is! Like yeah, I get it’s the internet and the internet is public, but it still doesn’t change the fact that these “fans” are pretty much saying “**** you!” To the request that the episode wasn’t to be filmed.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't see that happening. Not because "aw Sesame is greedy!" But it really is a logistical nightmare concerning all the inserts and such.

Every live-action film. Every cartoon. Every song. Every celebrity. All those involved need to be cleared and compensated for their contributions. And there's thousands of those to work out. Like the last Old School DVD set - they couldn't have any of those Swedish number cartoons cause they're originally from an entirely different show. Or how about the HBO deal that didn't even allow them to use any Joe Raposo music aside from the theme song (even gosh-dang music stings)?