Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
In general or just in regards to the muppet alphabet album that had some songs taped but others (currently only known) to be audio?
In general mostly but the Alphabet Album seems to have a spilt of both only audio segments and audio segments that were used on the show. I’m just curious to know on why some were used on the show and others weren’t

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Maybe it has to do with the workshop’s budget? Who knows.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I am thinking that the Roosevelt Franklin song about months of the year was probably being considered for an actual segment on the show, but it may have been scrapped due to the CTW's budget. The song did get released in audio form, but that's it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It might have been more likely the production staff going, "Hey, we like these pieces the most off the album, and we think they can translate well to the screen the best."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m hopeful the songs on the Muppet Alphabet album that are currently only known to be audio only end up being surprises by the time we get guides for every season 3 episode..... but if not, I can live with that, too.

cjd874

Reaction score
It might have been more likely the production staff going, "Hey, we like these pieces the most off the album, and we think they can translate well to the screen the best."
Seems logical to me... some songs like "Would You Like to Buy an O" and "C is for Cookie" would translate to the screen much better than, say, "Oscar's B Sandwich" or "The 'R' Machine."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I dunno, I mean the R skit you could have easily had filmed in their apartment (no less different than the A machine), and the B song with Farley talking to Oscar outside of his trash can as he slaps away all these gross sandwich toppings.

cjd874

Reaction score
But remember all those sandwich toppings for Oscar? To me it would cost a lot to make a sandwich like that, even if it is only a prop. And how would the "R" machine explode? I don't recall how many times things exploded on SS, but they seemed to be rare occurrences.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
But remember all those sandwich toppings for Oscar? To me it would cost a lot to make a sandwich like that, even if it is only a prop. And how would the "R" machine explode? I don't recall how many times things exploded on SS, but they seemed to be rare occurrences.
That reminds me of the interview with I believe Norman Stiles where he state he wrote a script with The Count counting breaking pianos and afterwords Jon Stone told him only one piano breakage per season.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m sure they’d probably just have Oscar tossing the props into his trash can and bring out a really ugly-looking sandwich once the song finishes. Also, I’m sure the explosion would have the same effect like this: