Underrated TV

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think, like with any trio of fictional females, Clover was supposed to be the "hot one" out of them, lol.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Blondes always seem to catch my eye the most.

On another note, I hate when Jerry's voice changed in season 3.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I said, the show was pretty good in its first couple of seasons, and then afterwards, it started getting a little weird - like what was up with every single episode title being, "{Placeholder}, Much?"?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Blondes always seem to catch my eye the most.

On another note, I hate when Jerry's voice changed in season 3.
Jess Harnell was the voice of Jerry in the first 2 seasons. They likely re-cast him with Adrian Truss as he was cheaper, being Canadian and all. Alex was re-cast as well.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I hated when Alex's voice changed as well. I remember it sounding kind of whiney.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I knew something was off when I was watching it! For some reason, I could sense something was different, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There was another European import cartoon that went through a similar problem . . . I don't remember the name of it, but it was about this league of super-powered fairies, and at one point it employeed Canadian voice actors for the English dub, because half of the fairies were voiced by ARTHUR voice actors - specifically, the actors who voiced Marina, Francine, and Fern. Then, at some point, I think Nickelodeon took over the import of the show and completely recast the voice actors since it was no longer being dubbed in Canada.

mr3urious

Reaction score
There was another European import cartoon that went through a similar problem . . . I don't remember the name of it, but it was about this league of super-powered fairies, and at one point it employeed Canadian voice actors for the English dub, because half of the fairies were voiced by ARTHUR voice actors - specifically, the actors who voiced Marina, Francine, and Fern. Then, at some point, I think Nickelodeon took over the import of the show and completely recast the voice actors since it was no longer being dubbed in Canada.
Winx Club is the one you're thinking about. There actually existed two different English dubs before Nick (and later DuArt) took over: the first one nicknamed the RAI English dub which is more faithful to the Italian script, and the second done by 4Kids which took more liberties. The former was only aired in a few countries such as New Zealand, Singapore, and the Philippines.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that's right. I remember seeing a few clips on YouTube just to hear Marina, Francine, and Fern's voices coming out of these fairies, and noticing a bunch of comments saying how much those voice actors sucked compared to other dubbed versions.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Reminds me of when I saw this stupid Thomas fan whining about the American dubs being unnecessary.

Unnecessary? Sure, but Thomas isn't the only deported kid's show that has a separate dub for American audiences. It's fans like him that try and make Thomas look like this show you can't mess with in ANY way (even if I'm not a big fan of the CGI era).