Under The Umbrella Tree

P

Princeton

Does anyone remember this show? It used to be on the Disney Channel. It was about this woman named Holly who moves into a house that has a plant that looks like an umbrella. She finds out that she has some roommates who are all animals: Gloria Gopher, Jacob Blue Jay, and Iggy Iguana, who were all puppets.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Ya this show was so awesome i used to watch every day before i went to kindergraden in the afternoon.Wish this show was on dvd.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I remember this show too! The puppet characters were awesome! Petition for DVD wishes!!!

BJ

thatonekid

Reaction score
man i used to love that show when i was little.

disney sure has changed :smirk:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
How in the world do they justify such garbage as Kim Possible, Book of Pooh, and that ilk? That is just GARBAGE! As Oscar popularly sang, "I love trash," but the trash they put out nowadays is long gone!

BJ

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i wrote the creator and puppet builder on the show (noreen young) a letter and she said that in 2006, she gets the rights to it back and predicts she'll start showing re-runs again.

heres a question: do any of you remember the character Mrs. McMurtry? i'm just wondering since she's one of my all time favorite puppets.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
oh, boy. Whotta response! (Popeye reference :wink: ) I remember Mrs. McMurty, but my memory is so unbelievably fuzzy I think that the reruns will lure all of us back in when they start airing.

BJ

P

Princeton

I just found out that UTUT has a Henson connection: Bob Stutt, the voice of Iggy, is also the voice of Wander McMooch on FR. Neat, huh?