Under the Mistletoe

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Chapter 4: Walking in a Winter Wonderland
Kermit headed out to the parking lot with Piggy next to him. It was starting to get dark and the clouds over head were becoming more and more threatening. Piggy shivered as the wind blew against her face. Noticing, Kermit pressed his body closer to hers. She smiled up at him, her eyes glowing with love. As they walked on, white fluffs began to fall from the sky, looking up, both Kermit and Piggy found themselves being showered with snow.
"Well what do you know, snow!" Piggy giggled at Kermit's childish behaviour. Already the ground was beginning to pile with snow. She picked a handful of snow up, carefully packing it into a ball. Looking cheekily at Kermit, Piggy hucked the snow at an unsuspecting Kermit. WHUMP!! Kermit's entire head was cacooned with snow. Shaking his head clear, he looked at Piggy with, first, disbelief, then smiled evily at her. Bending down slowly, Kermit packed a huge amount of snow into one ball. Eyes widening, Piggy turned to run away.
"Not my hai-" Piggy never got to finish. The snowball landed at the back off her head, her hair was soaked with wet snow. Turning around to face her attacker, Piggy gave a very unwomanly yell and charged a very frightened frog. Inside the building, a few straglers from the party watched with mild curiostiy.
"You think we should help Kermit?" Fozzie asked worriedly.
"Nah! The pig needs to excersize anyway." mused Rowlf.
Landing on a pile of snow, Kermit gasped and waved his surrender. To tired to care, Piggy landed next to him in a heap. Both lay gasping for air. As they quieted down and breathing turned to normal, Piggy started to giggle, chuckle, and then laugh uproariously. Kermit looked over at her shaking form and joined in. Both sat up wiping away tears of merriment from their eyes. Standing up, Kermit helped Piggy to her feet. His smile turned to a frown when he realised she was shaking badly and her lips bagan to turn blue. Picking her up, much to her dislike, Kermit carried her to his truck. Turning the key, the machine roared to life. Hurriedly Kermit turned the heaters on to full blast and headed for his house. Although Miss Piggy's chills had subsided, Kermit still ushered to the bathroom where he ordered her to take a hot shower. Placing a bathrobe outside the bathroom door, Kermit walked to his bedroom to wait for her to finish.
Kermit turned on the radio and sat down. Hearing his door creak open, Kermit looked up to see Piggy standing shyly in the door way. She was wearing the robe Kermit had left for her. As he watched her appreciatively, a new song played on the radio.
Sleigh bells ring, are you listening,
In the lane, snow is glistening
A beautiful sight,
We're happy tonight.
Walking in a winter wonderland.

Kermit walked towards Piggy, reaching out his hands he pulled her closer dancing across his room.
Gone away is the bluebird,
Here to stay is a new bird
He sings a love song,
As we go along,
Dipping and swinging Kermit led a flustered Piggy across the room, every so often he leaned in for a kiss only to break away at the las second.
In the meadow we can build a snowman,
Then pretend that he is Parson Brown

He'll say: Are you married?
We'll say: No man,

Silently, Kermit added not yet to the answer.
But you can do the job
When you're in town.

Later on, we'll conspire,
As we dream by the fire
To face unafraid,
The plans that we've made,

Walking towards the bed both sat down, Piggy leaned her head on Kermit's shoulder sighing.

In the meadow we can build a snowman,
And pretend that he's a circus clown
We'll have lots of fun with mister snowman,
Until the alligators knock him down.
Looking at Piggy Kermit smiled and raised her face to his leaning in closely.
When it snows, ain't it thrilling,
Though your nose gets a chilling
We'll frolic and play, the Eskimo way,

Piggy closed the distance and pressed her lips to Kermit's. Both succumed to the other's wants and both dreamed while a winter wonderland was created out side.

There you have it! Love you all, Especially you, Wigitus! Please tell me how I'm doing!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Very sweet story, BFF! I liked the playfulness you let them show--Piggy deserves a little fun and Kermit needs to get out more to avoid being a stick-in-the-bog. The nice romantic dinner (hecklers aside) and the snowball fight were both nice touches. Beneath Kermit's very buttoned-up exterior beats the heart of a true romantic hero--he just needs a little push sometimes to get started. (Luckily, Piggy's pretty pushy!)
Piggy: What?! What was that?
Ru: (nervously) I, um, said that you were, um, pushing the boundaries on pretty! And look how nice your hair curled after your shower! Gorgeous!
Piggy: (preening a little) Oh, um, yes. Moi has naturally curly blond hair, you know.
Ru: I know. And naturally pink cheeks!
Piggy: (laughing) Vous are sooo right!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------------
Playful romance is always fun. :smile: Enjoyable read, Figgie!

I especially liked so far:
"Heckle them, not me, you fool!"
"I went to a wedding that was so big--" Er, how big was it? :wink:
"Not my hai--!" Ah, the pig learns the perils of hitting first! There is always retaliation!

A Christmas wedding, and on short notice! Eeek...sounds like a foamache to me. But I'm sure you'll make it all work out well. Poinsettias along the aisles...just don't let Rowlf or FooFoo eat them! Um, although I'm sure they won't hurt Animal...

Lady Ru is too modest to toot her own horn, so I will. Figgy, as you have time, read her "Kermie's Girl" epic, which is all about the frog&pig; I think you'd enjoy it.

Look forward to more here. :news:
---------------------------

We Got Us

Reaction score
Oh oh oh!! Love love love! But I'm still hating myself for not seeing these earlier. Why do some things go to my email and not others? Obviously I cannot trust the system of 'wait around with the inbox open' anymore. This is BEAUTIFUL Figgie. Gives me a warm and squishy feeling inside :wink: can't wait for more!!

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
*Looks disbelievingly at screen, wipes a tear away, sings praises to the computer* Oh look what the joyous Christmas season has brought me! The greatest authors and reviewers of Muppet Central, reading AND reviewing MY story! Thank you all! I missed you too Wigitus!

Chapter 5: The 12 days of a Wedding Christmas

It had been two days since the surprise wedding shower and Scooter felt awful. His nose had been running, his throat throbbing, and a gradual headache was beginning to grow in his head. Sighing, he sipped some more coffee as the usual crowed bussled in and out of Starbucks. A young muppet who looked to be around the same age as Scooter walked over.
"Would you like more coffee?" she asked politely.
Scooter looked at the girl standing in front of him closely. Long dark hair poured down her shoulders and she had a pleasent smile with pink lips. Scooter, a little baffled by her cuteness, gave a week smile and whispered, "Please." The waitress looked him over closely and her eyes widened.
"Hey your Scooter! Kermit's right hand muppet!" she squealed excitedly. Scooter winced slightly as the ringing in his ears subsided.
"The one only." he replied amusedly. She looked at him, almost giddily and sauntered off for a new cup. Scooter watched her from behind, admiring her hair even more. When she came back she had two thermos in her hands. Sitting down she gave one to Scooter who thanked her.
"Lonnie Stewart." She replied, reaching out her hand. Scooter smiled warmly at her.
"Thanks, Lonnie. How much do I owe you?" He started to reach into his pocket for cash, but Lonnie just waved it off.
"Nah, keep it. This one is for free." Scooter gave her a look that clearly said he disagreed. She only smiled and motioned for him to drink some more. Feeling slightly better because of the coffee and his new friend, Scooter obliged. As he drank, he tasted cinnamon and something else.... He shook his head, whatever was in his drink was actually really good. Nonetheless, the thought still nagged his memory. Finishing, Scooter sighed and stood up. Talking to Lonnie had helped ease his mind off of the wedding and Piggy's constant calls to change an re-order decorations. Lonnie also stood up and cleared the table. Walking to the door, she waved goodbye to her boss and walked out the door with Scooter. Giving him a warm smile she started to walk off in the opposite direction of Scooter.
"Wait!" Scooter called. Lonnie turned a little surprised. Scooter trembled as her eyes searched his face. Asking his question before he lost his nerve, Scooter blurted, "Will you- would you like to go out with me?!" A blush traveled up Scooter's face as a silence seemed to settle over the street.
"I-I mean it's fine i-if you don't want-"
"I'd love to." The voice seemed to come from a dream as it sliced across what Scooter had been about to say.
"Y-you would?" Scooter stammered. Lonnie only giggled and walked up to Scooter.
"Of course." she whispered. Leaning in, Lonnie gave him a slip of paper and tried to kiss him on the cheek. At the same moment, however, Scooter accidently turned his head and his lips met hers in a shocked kiss. Backing up slowly, Lonnie stammered a few apologies and scurried down the street. Trying to remember what his name was, Scooter stood there feeling the place where their lips had touched. Suddenly a lightbulb went off in his head. Peppermint. Lonnie had put peppermint in the coffee! Smiling, Scooter headed home. Feeling much better than before....

There you have it! hope you like it Wigitus! Anyone reading this, PLEASE REVIEW!!! It motivates me! Thanks!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
Awww peppermint kiss! Very cute. :wink:

And I like the idea of "secondary" Muppets getting their day in the sun, and being recognized in public by squealing fans. *ducking the debris sure to come flying from the Scooter Fan Club crowd* I didn't mean he's secondary! I mean, he's not considered one of the Big Ones like Kermit or Gonzo or Piggy! sheesh. Anyway, nice that you have this side trip.

(My ONLY complaint, and it really is a minor one, Figgy, is if you would please run a spellcheck AND edit carefully for grammar before you post. You have some great ideas, and it irks me when I see small mistakes in good stuff! Just...slow down! :smile: Post when the section is really ready to show. You're doing good, just remember you don't need to go TypetypetypetypeSEND -- let it stew a day so you can check it over! But please keep it up.)

Enjoying so far. :news:
------------------

We Got Us

Reaction score
Oh....Figgie.....>melts< >picks herself up< Ok, I have to tell her I love it...I've gotta try and remember how to do that...what language do I speak again? English? >catches breath< Omy gosh! I just died and exploded and came back again! Figgie! I love you! Can I have my diary back?! It's sssooo awesome, I'm going to print it and carry it everywhere with me. And how did you know my hair is brown? It was pretty long and I had it cut two days ago. My eyes are brown too...such an amazing touch...I feel bad even complimenting it because you made me sound so pretty, lol. Love you for always! The peppermint....the peppermint....peppermint forever! AGGH! HEART ATTACK! How am I supposed to stand on my feet at the recital knowing this is somewhere on the internet waiting for me to read twenty-billion times??