Tween Dora?

Kiki

Reaction score
For a moment, and for some reason I was thinking about "The Busy World Of Richard Scary". I guess that because they live in "Busy Town" and not Lazy town, lol! Any way, I thought that Busy town was an elelent show, and I also love Author as well!
Ahh, I love Arthur and "The Busy World Of Richard Scary". Great shows, /and/ great books. :big_grin: And they sorta appeal to all sorts of age-groups, kinda. I mean, "older people" don't find them nauseating like a Certain Purple Dinosaur (then again, I loved Barney when I was little, lol, guilty!)

I like how in the Where's Waldo (or Where's Wally, if you're from the UK) cartoon they managed to get that "Find the thing in the background" bit animated in the show, all the while making "Where's Waldo" puzzles before the commercial break. But it was never "WHERE ... IS ... WALDO ... HIDING? Is... HE ... HIDING... OVER .......... THERE?
Oh wow, that brings back memories, I haven't seen that show in yonks!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong either. Now i didn't really care for the Rugrats after they were turned into teens or that is older kids but i still watched most of the episodes. Now that doesn't mean that i think that this will be bad or anything but really what is the big deal? Dora being older? That only means that the girls or boys who grew up watching her will then get to see her in another new light. They'll be like, "Hey! She's my age too. Pretty cool."

Am at the moment recording some Dora for my youngest necie only because she's always liked Dora. So i'll proubly record some of the newer shows or whatever happens.

That's almost how everyone didn't like the Muppet Babies. They all thought it was a bad plan. I know most fans here don't care for the Muppet Babies because they remember how the Muppet really meet. They didn't meet by being raised togther in a nursery by a nannny we never got to see her face. But i don't care whatever they do with Dora. If this does ok don't get all bent out of shape if Deigo grows up a little.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong either. Now i didn't really care for the Rugrats after they were turned into teens or that is older kids but i still watched most of the episodes. Now that doesn't mean that i think that this will be bad or anything but really what is the big deal? Dora being older? That only means that the girls or boys who grew up watching her will then get to see her in another new light. They'll be like, "Hey! She's my age too. Pretty cool."

Am at the moment recording some Dora for my youngest necie only because she's always liked Dora. So i'll proubly record some of the newer shows or whatever happens.

That's almost how everyone didn't like the Muppet Babies. They all thought it was a bad plan. I know most fans here don't care for the Muppet Babies because they remember how the Muppet really meet. They didn't meet by being raised togther in a nursery by a nannny we never got to see her face. But i don't care whatever they do with Dora. If this does ok don't get all bent out of shape if Deigo grows up a little.
Well from what I understand, It's not so much that Dora is growing older so much as it is with people having a problem with her in the first place.

But the more I think about it. I mean she has been on the air sense at 2000, and well, some of her earlier fans might be a little too old for her. So this could be a calculated move by Viacom for her to catch up with some of her fans that have outgrown her. Why you ask? Well here's my theory... I think that maybe she was a tread that made a lot of money for them. And I think that the trend with current viewers maybe starting to fade a little bit. Maybe kind are going back to shows like Sesame Street who stay a lot truer to their character and always win in the end and always stick to just being them selves and doing what they do best when it's all said and done, disapite what some of it's curent critict have to say about it. That being said. I think that Viocom might be trying to reach it's older fans during the hight of Dora the Exploror because with the fans goes the money.

Does that make sense?

And the way I look at Muppet Babies. I mean that show was insainly popular when it was on. That is a very smart, well written, good television program! Of course, their might be some Muppet snobs or purest who think that that were selling out and Jim kind of felt that way a little bit (That he was selling out his property and just didn't want to cheat the fans.) But it was to be understood that it would have it's critics, I guess.

Redsonga

Reaction score
As far as Muppet Babies goes not everyone disliked it, or dislikes it now. There were fans and there still are fans like me and others (mostly around my age group) who remember it with a smile :smile:. I think, unlike many of todays shows, where they change a character's age,Muppet Babies did a good job of making its own world with a one of a kind feeling that was fun to watch.
The Rugrats Grown Up series on the other hand was mostly stories that had been done on shows like As Told By Ginger etc. You could have replaced all of the characters with new pre-teens (or teens, since those shows seem to think you should be one at nine now-.-) and it would not have changed much about it at all (the same might be true if Dora gets an 'older' series)...
On the other hand Muppet Babies was still at its heart the muppets, and they did things only muppet babies could have gotten away with, like mixing old movies and Star Wars with 'real life' :3

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Ahh, I love Arthur and "The Busy World Of Richard Scary". Great shows, /and/ great books. :big_grin: And they sorta appeal to all sorts of age-groups, kinda. I mean, "older people" don't find them nauseating like a Certain Purple Dinosaur (then again, I loved Barney when I was little, lol, guilty!)

Oh wow, that brings back memories, I haven't seen that show in yonks!
There are some episodes on Google Video and Youtube if you wanna get nostalgic.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I mean, "older people" don't find them nauseating like a Certain Purple Dinosaur (then again, I loved Barney when I was little, lol, guilty!)
You know? I used to watch Barney too for some reason? Even though I always though him to be a con artist and a bold face liar, I knew all the songs and dance moves and everything and I watch everyday. Even though I consciously know that he serves no educational porous what so ever and is dumb as a brick and he never really bothers me and I never really had anything against him, and I watched him, anyway.

I guess I hate what he stood for and what he represented and symbolizes... I think that is the downgrade of children’s and educational television.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I watched Barney to..I never hated him and knew all the songs...I may have hated some of the people that played him, but never the character or the show:coy:. I know I know, mock mock mock, but trust me I got picked on more than enough about it when I was in school:sympathy:.
Anyyyway...:coy:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Argh, Barney. I had a friend who had a computer game which had the option to turn the objects you had to shoot into Barneys. I hate that purple dino XD

Redsonga

Reaction score
Argh, Barney. I had a friend who had a computer game which had the option to turn the objects you had to shoot into Barneys. I hate that purple dino XD
That was the Barney patch for DOOM:embarrassed:. I never did like it, I thought that it was Barney hating overkill (hee:coy:)