TV shows that drive you crazy!

buckshot

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Not really, that one little one can dance a juke down!!
now, i didn't say that they couldn't dance...i just find them a little creepy. :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
buckshot said:
now, i didn't say that they couldn't dance...i just find them a little creepy. :smile:
I find them creepy too. :eek: By the way, I have your signature on a poster in my room! :stick_out_tongue: It has Einstein on a bicycle on it.
Erin

buckshot

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I find them creepy too. :eek: By the way, I have your signature on a poster in my room! :stick_out_tongue: It has Einstein on a bicycle on it.
Erin
sweet. i used to have an Eintsein poster w/ that quote, too. it was torn up during one of my many moves. :smirk:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Not saying it's bad, just the fact they have 9 different versions drives me up the wall for no apparent reason! :stick_out_tongue:
There are three different incarnations of the program. They have a different style but uniform theme. The original is about general crime and the system; SVU is more intimate and about the victims of sex crimes and CI is about the inner workings of the criminal mind. There are not many court battles in that one. I wasn't hot on the idea of multiple versions of the show at first, but the truth is they work and audiences respond to them. They have some of the best people working on the shows - cast, writers, crew etc. And the programs just zip along (unlike Dick Wolf's L.A. Dragnet flop).

Technically there's also a 4th Law & Order. They usually run it in the summer time. It chronicles real life court cases. Very interesting, not as much snap for prime time though. I can see how a person would think there are a bazillion Law & Orders with three different programs also playing in syndication. It's always on. Yet, it's also always getting the numbers. It's a quality show and those are so hard to find these days.

The one practice I despise - networks facing one quality hour-long drama against another in the same time slot. There aren't enough dramas as it is. Mainly reheated According to Jim sitcoms and reality shows with people eating bugs. I hate to see a program get canceled just because of an overly competitive time slot. :concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, a lot of stuff drives me up the wall for no reason...especially styrofoam...

anyway, I agree that there are too many family time "According to jim-esque" shows out there (Especially the one with The Full Monty's Mark Addy in the exact same role... though the mother does were Muppet T-shirts from time to time :halo: ) and reality Tv... well the less said, the better.

jediX

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I hate to see a program get canceled just because of an overly competitive time slot. :concern:
Me too. One of my fave shows is Drew Carey, and that show in recent years has been victim to what Muppets Tonight got--rapid timeslot movement. Heck, I only caught about 1/4 of last season because they moved it so much. :boo:

Oh well...at least I have my Twilight Zone dvd's to put on whenever the bug-eaters are polluting the airwaves.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Wow--I didn't realize the Drew Carey Show was still on! I thought it ended! Of course, I've never really followed it, but I have friends who did when we were in college.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I kinda like "Whose Line is it Anyway?" - particularly Wayne Brady with those songs he makes up. The guy's a genius! :smile:
Erin

Drtooth

Reaction score
jediX said:
Me too. One of my fave shows is Drew Carey, and that show in recent years has been victim to what Muppets Tonight got--rapid timeslot movement. Heck, I only caught about 1/4 of last season because they moved it so much.

Yeah... and it was it's second to last season too (plot wise..) and they up and cancell it withOUT any closure! :grouchy:

jediX

Reaction score
Well, I HAVE heard reports of it coming back mid season ::crosses fingers::

Technically, it could have a finished plot. Drew cancels his wedding and etc. I dunno though, it just wasn't the same show without Kate.

My local Fox affiliate carries the show and luckily that allowed me to finish up watching the 2002-2003 season. If you need any plot info, the guide on tvtome is decent.