TV Ratings for NBC's "A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa".

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really hope so. I would love to finally see a series run on either NBC or ABC but i would have to see NBC doing the best with the timeslot if there ever was to be one.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I knew it would do well :smile:. I just had a feeling...I wonder would they air it on Disney channel to? :\

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
NBC opened the night with the new holiday special Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa doing 7.47 million, nearly three million more than the previous week's special
Well that is less than IAVMMCM (witch has 11+ million viewers, but about the same numbers as OZ.

bknatchbull

Reaction score
Ratings Thoughts

Well that is less than IAVMMCM (witch has 11+ million viewers, but about the same numbers as OZ.

Only difference here was that IAVMMCM aired on a Friday, (up against competion which were all repeats) Oz on a Sunday. Muppet Christmas was up against new programming from other Networks. Oz was during sweeps. Tougher to get ratings mid-week when there are so many other things going on. All considered when you break down the numbers, an excellent showing for NBC and The Muppet Studios! Biggest feature to note:smile:- winning the adult 18-49 audience. Believe me, in this industry that is HUGE!

Take care!

Brian

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you and winning in the 18-49 is huge! But I can't help but feel that the Muppets are though competitors themselves and that they should be able to take on heavy competition. You would also have to keep in mind that the last special also ran longer as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you and winning in the 18-49 is huge! But I can't help but feel that the Muppets are thought competitors themselves and that they should be able to take on heavy competition. You would also have to keep in mind that the last special also ran longer as well.

Plus, VMX had the all so cushy spot of being aired the Day Fater Thanksgiving, in which people have just came home from shopping, and want to see any Christmas special that comes on. Hopefully, they'll keep that in mind next year.