TV Alert: The Muppets on "The Disney Family Singalong: Volume 2" Sunday May 10, 2020

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Why bring him back for something like this if they aren't actively using him?
There's just a part of me that thinks since Rizzo is such a part of Steve, they wouldn't wanna recast him. Then again, Frankie Cordero ended up being Wembley so anything is possible. Also, Matt Vogel's son Jack assisted him with Kermit for this, as evidenced in the Muppet performer credits in this special.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
There's just a part of me that thinks since Rizzo is such a part of Steve, they wouldn't wanna recast him. Then again, Frankie Cordero ended up being Wembley so anything is possible. Also, Matt Vogel's son Jack assisted him with Kermit for this, as evidenced in the Muppet performer credits in this special.
Considering the bad blood between Steve and all the Muppet-related companies, there’s absolutely no reason to want to retire any of his characters out of respect to his departure.

Also, saying such a thing is just like saying they never should’ve recast Kermit because he was such a part of Jim.

Why bring him back for something like this if they aren't actively using him?
Exactly. I see things like this as a very good sign that Rizzo will appear on Muppets Now and with a new performer taking on the role to boot.

And considering how lousy Steve is when it comes to character development, I have no doubt that whoever takes over Rizzo will make him a better and more complex character than he ever was under Steve.

I think either Peter Linz or Frankie Cordero would be perfect to perform Rizzo.

Plus Rizzo is too popular and high profile a character to be retired anyway.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Considering how lousy Steve is when it comes to character development, I have no doubt that whoever takes over Rizzo will make him a better and more complex character than he ever was under Steve.
After Rick Lyon threw shade at Steve on Facebook, he said this in response to someone who replied to him: "Rizzo and Wembley are great characters, as is Sprocket from Fraggle Rock. Steve has done lots of good work. I think his Beaker is really fantastic. I simply feel he doesn't have the emotional range for Kermit. It was never really a good fit." So even he thinks he's good at creating characters.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, who cares why Rizzo is there? For the three 90s movies, characters with no performer yet were just there to be part of the crowd. This is the same thing.

Jake the Dog

Reaction score
I mean, I suppose the question is, who among the performers was chosen to be in possession of the Rizzo puppet during the quarantine?