TV Alert: The Muppets at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I am a little curious what is going on with Steve's availability, since he didn't seem to have any character-voicing presence in the parade or the promotional material (it wouldn't have been too hard to have someone else do Beaker and Waldorf). Anyway, I was expecting a short opening number, but got a performance by the Electric Mayhem and closing with Miss Piggy. Great to see some Muppet action in the parade again! I also thought I read somewhere that the Kermit balloon would be back, which it wasn't...
I wondered about that too. While I'm glad they didn't use a 'fake' :smile: like they did on America's Got Talent in 2009, it was a little weird that he just had a brief cameo with no speaking lines. But I definitely liked the ending with :mad: and Tony Bennett.

(it wouldn't have been too hard to have someone else do Beaker and Waldorf)
I think you meant to say 'Statler' there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Completely awesome, I loved every bit of it! Scooter cuing the opening, the opening done in the style of "Hey, a Movie" and I agree, the Electric Mayhem rocked it!

Does anyone have a clip of Piggy's duet with Tony Bennett? I'd like to judge for myself since it's getting mixed reviews in this thread so far.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, the Tony Bennett thing was super awkward. Tony really can't sing anymore and some parts he sounded like he was yelling rather then singing. The sound was really off, some of Miss Piggy's lines were barely audible and Tony Bennett looked like he was half asleep. And then there was the fact that when the float started moving again, Tony almost fell over. He just seemed kind of out of it.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Yeah, the Tony Bennett thing was super awkward. Tony really can't sing anymore and some parts he sounded like he was yelling rather then singing. The sound was really off, some of Miss Piggy's lines were barely audible and Tony Bennett looked like he was half asleep. And then there was the fact that when the float started moving again, Tony almost fell over. He just seemed kind of out of it.

I agree, he was like "woah" when it started moving. He just leaned against the float if anything Piggy moved way more then him.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I am a little curious what is going on with Steve's availability, since he didn't seem to have any character-voicing presence in the parade or the promotional material (it wouldn't have been too hard to have someone else do Beaker and Waldorf). Anyway, I was expecting a short opening number, but got a performance by the Electric Mayhem and closing with Miss Piggy. Great to see some Muppet action in the parade again! I also thought I read somewhere that the Kermit balloon would be back, which it wasn't...
Maybe Steve put his foot down and actually wanted to spend Thanksgiving in Atlanta with his family? Who knows? The focus was probably going to be on Piggy anyway and the opening song was pre-recorded. They really didn't need him there for a just-over-a-minute song.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Well Lips or Rizzo weren't there either.
Exactly. Even if Lips and Rizzo were there, Rizzo would've ended up on someone else's arm and Lips would've just been playing the trumpet, so again, it wouldn't be necessary for Steve to perform him.