TV Alert: Sesame Street on Good Morning America September 13

kessto

Reaction score
Statements like "Sesame Street is really going down hill" are ridiculous, and far from the truth. Also, People...I get it, I understand that the "voices" of the characters are important to the integrity of the characters, but they are not the only thing that the performers are providing, they are bringing them to life, with their bodies, mind, voice and personality. They are not just voice over actors, sometimes people harp on the voices being not quit right too much, give the performer time to settle in as they are trying to inhabit usually a fully realized character that has been wonderfully created by someone before them.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Friday morning watch the Sesame Street Muppets take over Good Morning America on ABC. Tune in as they preview Sesame Street Season 44 that begins next Monday September 16 on PBS.

Elmo, Abby, Big Bird, Grover, Cookie Monster, The Count, Rosita and more will all be live from the set of Good Morning America.

After you see the appearance let us know your thoughts!

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this message.

I still like Big Bird. Gotta love Cookie Monster as well!:smile:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I did see the clips and I did see Cookie Monster eat the camera. Yikes! Poor poor Grover! :sigh: I just want to give that blue furry lovable monster a hug.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Sesame Street is cyclical. Some seasons are better than others and we all feel most attached to the show at the time when we were its intended age group. Personally, I don't think it's been quite the same since the 70's. The show was more primal, more anarchic back then. Learning and fun came together more organically. It's more fine-tuned and pasteurized these days. Some say that's due to pressure or lesson plans, but every long-running televised program kind of ends up that way.

I will admit that there's an added energy now that didn't seem to be there a year ago and it seems to be more of a group effort with the Muppet cast. Maybe it had to do with the recasting of Elmo. I don't know how things are behind the scenes, but it seems like a very supportive atmosphere. It also seems, from the clip provided, that Ryan has Elmo's "freak out" mode down too. He's proven to be an exceptional performer and I hope his casting is permanent.

The GMA appearance reflects the ensemble effort that I grew up with. More characters are getting some screentime. Now all they have to do is bring back Roosevelt Franklin. I won't hold my breath for that.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
As usual, I am VERY impressed with how well Ryan is doing with Elmo, and how well Matt is doing with The Count! You could barely tell the difference between Ryan and Kevin and the difference between Matt and Jerry, so that's obviously a good sign that they're doing a great job!

Otherwise, great appearances from the other characters as well!