TV Alert: Sesame Street at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
I was pretty underwhelmed by this years performance, I hate to say. I think it was definitely the weakest one in recent memory.

QuestLove was completely unnecessary. I don't know why he was there.

Why were only Alan and Nina there? That was so weird to me. I know Chris is never a part of the parade (he must not be able to be in New York for thanksgiving) but it makes me a little nervous for the status of all the other human cast members. There are not even hints of other humans appearing in new season 46 episodes besides Alan, Chris and Nina. I mean, even when humans like Susan, Gina, and Bob were only appearing once a season they would still be a part of the parade. The fact that no one else was there makes me worried that they scaled down the human cast a bit. (Nina is said to work at both the bike shop and the laundromat....)

The song they sang last year was, in my opinion, a better version of this song. It uses the same key words (stronger, smarter, kinder) and teaches the same lesson but I think it's just catchier.

I wish more characters had solo lines. Last year just about everyone had a line to themselves. This year, only Elmo did. I would have loved to hear Stephanie's Prairie or Jen's Zoe.

Ovejita was there but Murray wasn't? I know Joey left, but it seems weird to have her there without him. (I mean, it would be interesting to try and establish her as a standalone character. I'm always up for more females on the Street. But I don't know if that's what they're doing.)

Also, whoever was inside Big Bird was clearly struggling. I'm sure it wasn't Matt. The lip sync was way off and he never really looked as alive as he should have.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Maybe most of the performers were working on The Muppets? Or did they have the day off too?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Maybe most of the performers were working on The Muppets? Or did they have the day off too?
Most of the Sesame Muppeteers don't even work on The Muppets,only Matt,Eric and David and occasionally Tyler Bunch. And usually when the puppeteers aren't available to be on the float,they have a bunch of other people who fill in for them. And that still doesn't explain why almost all of the human cast members were missing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Is their funding just that bad????
But,they are being funded by HBO right now which has a bigger budget than Sesame Workshop and PBS combined,so it can't have anything to do with the budget.
So it looks like it wasn't just the classic cast members who weren't on the Thanksgiving float,Chris,Leela and Mando were all missing as well. That's a relief,everyone will probably be on next year then.
Sorry,meant to say that I HOPE everyone will be there next year.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I could understand not having Bob, Gordon, and Susan. Chris not being there though makes me wonder. There were also less kids then in years past as well. The song was quick and they did not do any close ups of a lot of the Muppets. So yea not the best. In fact it felt like their weakest float to me.