TV Alert: New Sesame Street cast member Mando debuts on GMA May 10, 2013

jcnegron

Reaction score
He actually stated somewhere (I believe GMA) that he was a native Spanish speaker and when he came here, shows like Sesame Street helped teach him Spanish.
I believe, in your sentence, one of the words "Spanish" should be "English". But it also makes sense the way it is, ie., if he forgot his Spanish when growing up in the U.S. which it's not unusual.

I agree and Disagree with you. I agree, in that the character is scripted. So It doesn't really matter that much. And probably, the character won't be based on his real life.

I disagree, in that, I believe it's better to learn a word properly pronounced. So far all the shorts in sesame street with Spanish words have perfect pronunciation. And don't take for granted the learning value of these programs. Given the success of shows like Dora the explorer, Diego and Many the handyman, that have preschool kids already speaking two languages all over the world, even Disney is following suit with a new princess show on their kid's channel. And it's interesting enough that Dora is popular no matter what the cultural background of the kid is. Although, SS has Rosita, Luis and Maria who are already bilingual, I think, like Disney, they are partly going after Dora, or a share of her audience, as well.