TV Alert: Kermit on The Late Late Show with James Corden Thursday November 29, 2018

MWoO

Reaction score
Also the Man or a Muppet duet was really done very well, and I honestly think Matt has a smother singing voice then Steve.
I think i agree, at least smoother than Steve Kermit voice starting in the 2000's. Also i like that Matt does have Kermit talk with a disgusted face like Steve started to do in the last few years he performed the character.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
He has the brilliant deadpan aspect of Kermit down, that's for sure.

And there's a subtle nuance in the voice I think we can all hear but can't explain; it's something Jim had that Steve didn't.

Beth C

Reaction score
This was interesting to say the least. After the news of Steve's leaving - I pretty much stepped away from the fandom for a bit.

Now that I got to watch this, i'm still on the fence about Kermit. It sounded like Kermit and acted like Kermit but there was something that wasn't Kermit in the performance. Remember I've been away for about 2 years (has it been that long?? wow!) so I haven't heard anything Muppety lately. I fell down the internet rabbit hole today and wound up watching some Muppet stuff and one of them was this.

It is but isn't Kermit. The appearance was well done, funny at parts and I did enjoy it. I guess I'm still going to have to get used to the new Kermit. It's not bad, just different and a bit noticeable to those that were used to the old Kermit.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Now that I got to watch this, i'm still on the fence about Kermit. It sounded like Kermit and acted like Kermit but there was something that wasn't Kermit in the performance. Remember I've been away for about 2 years (has it been that long?? wow!) so I haven't heard anything Muppety lately. I fell down the internet rabbit hole today and wound up watching some Muppet stuff and one of them was this.

It is but isn't Kermit. The appearance was well done, funny at parts and I did enjoy it. I guess I'm still going to have to get used to the new Kermit. It's not bad, just different and a bit noticeable to those that were used to the old Kermit.
He was a little too sassy, but I can't nitpick that hard.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This was interesting to say the least. After the news of Steve's leaving - I pretty much stepped away from the fandom for a bit.

It has been a long two years, and I completely understand where your coming from. For me at the end of the day I'm gonna root and cheer for the Muppets no matter what. Yes the Steve firing mess hurt bad, but I have to face the facts that it's time to move on. Matt may not sound or act like Steve or Jim would, but that's ok.

Out of the new generation of Muppet performers Matt is the one I feel the most confident in taking on Kermit. He deeply cares about the history of the characters, and he also really cares and tries to reach out to the fans.

For me this appearance was what made all that clear. When Steve would preform Kermit he seemed to make him a little unsure of himself. Here Kermit had some self confidence, and to be honest that was refreshing.

Beth C

Reaction score
It has been a long two years, and I completely understand where your coming from. For me at the end of the day I'm gonna root and cheer for the Muppets no matter what. Yes the Steve firing mess hurt bad, but I have to face the facts that it's time to move on,
Matt may not sound or act like Steve or Jim would, but that's ok.

Out of the new generation of Muppet performers Matt is the one I feel the most confident in taking on Kermit. He deeply cares about the history of the characters, and he also really cares and tries to reach out to the fans,

For me this appearance was what made all that clear. When Steve would preform Kermit he seemed to make him a little unsure of himself. Here Kermit had some self confidence, and to be honest that was refreshing.
That is very true and it was good to see the appearance. It's just been a while for me and I have to get used to the new performance.

I really hope to see more of any of the Muppets doing appearances. I know it will mostly be Kermit, Piggy, or a combo of the two and I'm fine with that. I'd welcome others also. Fozzie could be fun making the rounds. Or Gonzo.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That is very true and it was good to see the appearance. It's just been a while for me and I have to get used to the new performance.

I really hope to see more of any of the Muppets doing appearances. I know it will mostly be Kermit, Piggy, or a combo of the two and I'm fine with that. I'd welcome others also. Fozzie could be fun making the rounds. Or Gonzo.
Fozzie has made a few appearances this year. Earlier in the year he made appearances on British talk shows to promote The Muppets at The O2, and more recently on that Me Day charity thing. Sadly, Gonzo almost never makes appearances anymore unless it's some kind of group thing with all the other characters.

But, if you've been away for a while, I definitely suggest watching clips from The Hollywood Bowl and O2 shows. It always makes me excited about the future of the characters whenever I watch those.

MWoO

Reaction score
Yes, this is why I like Matt as Kermit. His Kermit is more like the lovable prankster of TMS that only got frazzled when things really went wrong. He use to be able to hold his own against Piggy in an argument and had no problem telling other characters when he thought their acts were bad. In later years Steve's Kermit got all wishy-washy, especially in the 2015 show. I still love Steve as a performer, but his Kermit was too spineless and frankly too goody-goody as well. Kermit is at his best with a little sass and a little backbone.